“Nice and dog friendly Motel 6”

Motel 6 Denver West Wheat Ridge-North
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I switched to this Motel 6 as I have a well behaved rescued pit bull, but they are 'illegal' in Denver. I was hesitant about it being too far from the city, but this was not a problem (Not close but not too far either). The clerk, a 'dog' person, was friendly, polite and helpful. I didn't like the location of the first room and she switched me immediately without a problem. The second floor room was cozy and quiet despite the motel being full. The courtyard cannot be used by dogs but there is a large and long area designated for dogs on the south side that worked well for walks.The area is suburban and safe (not quite getting the other reviews saying otherwise). There are restaurants and shops in the area. There is Super Target up the road nearby. A bowling alley across the street as well.

Room Tip: If you have a dog you might want to request a room on the south side for easy access to relief area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JRW5362

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I am a truck driver and have stayed in motel 6 all over the country most of them are great but this one is extremely terrible. The desk staff are very cold and rude, if you have problem or a question you are treated like you are stupid and are bothering them. On the day that I was checking out I went to the desk and asked if I could have a little extra time to get my things out of the room. You have thought that I had ask one of the worst questions ever because I was told that there is no late check outs and then I was told that this is the managers policy and that is the way it is then I was told to get as much of my things out of the room by 12:00pm. when I voiced my opinion about this policy the desk clerk got very irritated and rude. I will never stay at this motel 6 ever again and I encourage others to do the same.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Ken G
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My last night on the road and decided to stop early due to a snow storm. Motel 6 was right off the freeway with a Denny's next door. They provided a nice small room - it fit my needs for a great price. It was quiet, had a table and chair also. The desk staff were nice, the bed was comfortable, room very clean. A good place to stay and wait out the storm.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I got more than I paid for, and I did NOT pay much. Convenient location, right at the exit off I-70. Denny's and Starbucks both adjacent, and lots of shopping nearby. Very clean, very basic room. Very pleasant and helpful desk staff. Not only would I stay here again, I would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jayavitable
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Denver has instituted a crime stopping program that seems to be working. We neither saw nor heard any annoying behavior. Room was adequate size and very clean. I appreciate their eco request, which is new sheets every three days instead of each day for long term visitors.We stayed eight days. Used the ashtrays for pocket change and keys and telephones, but wished they were not there. Smokers outside rooms under non-smoker A/C units was annoying.
Everyone who worked the desk was polite and professional with us. I think a cat had been in our room, which means the pet policy was a problem for my allergies. Overall an excellent experience for sleeping room only for us, and certainly the best value for our money

Room Tip: Bring a cooler unless you want to buy every breakfast. We refroze our ice pack each day with family...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

New studio type with laminate floors! Love it. No mystery carpet. Bedding better than those nasty bedspreads and blankets at locations. HOWEVER: our non smoking room stank of smoke. Why is there an ashtray in there - even if to hold the "no smoking" sign? People who hate Motel 6 usually do for all the wrong reasons. We choose Motel 6 cause they are usually clean and our dog is a non issue. Hate paying $3 for wifi. Def a better property tho

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The check in clerk is very rude! I made reservations weeks in advance and they did not follow through with my request. I asked for a room on the lower level because I have a geriatric dog that could not climb the stairs. The male clerk was rude and would not apply my reservation as I had made. The "non" smoking rooms smell like a smokey bar and the rooms were not very clean. There was hair on the floors and the bed had dirty sheets and covers with pee stains. It is in a very rough area and we were concerned about the safety of our selves and belongings. Just stopping through Denver for the night and I wish I had made a reservation elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denver West Wheat Ridge-North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Mcdtraveler – We sincerely apologize for the poor service, cleanliness and odor you encountered during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience; please also contact our guest relations department so we can have a record of your experience to serve you better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheat Ridge
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
#105 of 160 in Denver

Been to Motel 6 Denver West Wheat Ridge-North? Share your experiences!