“Probable theft.”

Motel 6 Denver West Wheat Ridge-North
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Pro: the air conditioning worked.
Con: my girlfriend left her iPhone on the bed, as the Find my iPhone app confirmed. We had just checked out but weren't allowed by the front desk to go into the room to check. The message was either not relayed to housekeeping or ignored because within an hour, the phone had been turned off (maybe made its way to laundry or pocketed), and the multiple times I checked in and inquired throughout the day before we left town, it was like it was everyone's first time hearing about it. I love Motel 6, but will never stay at one within 100 miles of this place again.

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Chris R

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed on night on my way to western Colorado. Motel is in good shape, decent neighborhood,
Denny's across from the parking lot. Room was small, clean and nice. Right off of I-70 in a Denver suburb of Wheat ridge. Could not hear the Interstate traffic at night. Good value for the dollar.

Room Tip: they have a grass court that was very pleasant, I would suggest a room in the court area that has gr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sundog54
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Okay, don't be put off by how sketchy the place looks when you pull in. I arrived after a 10-hour drive and I wanted to turn right around and run as far away as I possibly could. I was a young solo girl traveling with a pet cat (hence the choice to stay at a Motel 6) and all I saw were creepy looking men milling about. But I decided since I was here, I'd at least take a look at the room. I'm SO glad I did! I think I was in 212, and the room was perfect. Definitely small, but since it was just me it didn't matter. There's still room enough for the bed, a table, and a desk with the TV on it. The room is updated in the modern new look that Motel 6 is doing and the whole place was absolutely spotless. Not a bug in sight, which is always nice and can be a rarity in a cheap motel. The staff was extremely polite and kind. I don't know why this place isn't rated higher -- I mean, I get it's not the most glamorous place, but I have zero complaints and it was exactly what a needed: a clean, pet-friendly place to spend a night.

Swing by the Starbucks drive-thru across the street in the morning. Some of the nicest, happiest people work there and they started off the next leg of my road trip on a great note.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelly T
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It is exactly what you would expect from a motel6. me and my friends were on a road trip and we stopped there for 2 nights. probably the best review any one can give to another traveler looking to stay here is: IF YOU DONT LIKE DOGS DONT STAY HERE! there was just an insane amount of dogs....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This motel 6 is well located...denny's next door, tons of restaurants within blocks, starbucks close, etc. Just off the freeway. Typical motel 6 otherwise...staff seems pretty good. Seems like it has a very high occupancy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JohansenRJ
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are outside. The room is on the small side. Front desk was very friendly and helpful on places to eat. Good location. Lots of choices to eat close by. Clean and comfortable room. Quiet during the night and felt our car was safe outside. Great value.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank acm32068
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was decent, but the room itself was a little... disgusting. I'm not sure how thoroughly they clean their rooms, but by the look of things, it's not often. I was about to get into my bed when I saw that my sheets were tinted yellow and my bedspread had many questionable stains all over it, (trying to keep it PG here, but those weren't ordinary stains). There were pubic hairs in the sheets and on the bathroom floor. The floor in the room was terribly dirty and there was a booger on the wall. On top of it all, the room was supposed to be non-smoking, but it reeked of smoke when we checked in. The walls are thin so you can hear everything outside your room.

I totally understand that this isn't a fancy hotel by any means, but for $82 a night, I was hoping for something a little cleaner. And the lack of free Wi-Fi was a little strange to me. Even at the cheapest hotels I've stayed in, there was free Wi-Fi...

Room Tip: Just check your room to see how clean it is. If it's gross, call someone up to clean it up.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Quality Inn Central Denver
Denver Marriott West
Denver Marriott West
#5 of 18 in Golden

Been to Motel 6 Denver West Wheat Ridge-North? Share your experiences!