We booked this rental for one month, sight-unseen, which was a large mistake on our part. We only stayed one night, and since the owners were not obligated to offer even a partial refund, we essentially spent $1,280 for a 12 hour stay.
Here are the issues which made this rental less than satisfactory for us.
1. The county dirt road from Hwy 23 to the property's driveway was like a washboard - I'm not sure our car's shocks would have withstood that kind of jarring twice a day for 30 days.
2. The wi-fi connection was not protected with a password and we cannot work on an unsecured internet connection.
3. The refrigerator/freezer combo was tiny and inadequate to handle our needs for one month.
4. The closet space and dresser for clothing storage was non-existent. When questioned about this, the owners said they would hang some hooks on the back of the bathroom door on which we could hang clothing.
5. Upon arriving we asked a couple questions, and were informed that the surrounding property contains bullsnakes and mosquitoes, neither of which we cared to deal with more than one day.
6. There is no place inside the unit to sit and relax. As pictured, there are two small bar stools at a small table, but not exactly the best place to read a book. Per our request, the owners jammed an overstuffed chair in a corner next to the bed, which was less than ideal.
7. The windows in the entry door had not been washed in weeks, and two doors mats were also quite dirty.
Obviously, we should have investigated the property specifics more closely, which was our mistake.
Annette was an awesome host and the cabin was comfortable and very accessible. 5***** Annette went above and beyond courteous and comforting amenities. We will look forward to doing business with them in our future.
Nice and clean, very comfortable for a couple. Away from the city but not too far. The owners were very friendly and communicated well. Small bathroom and no TV but other than that was perfect!