“Winter Park gem!”

Idlewild Spirits Distillery
Ranked #13 of 76 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: A distillery pub, serving a wide selection of craft cocktails, wine, one of the best beer selections in town, and small plate/tapas fare. Visit our website to book a tour or stop in any time to sample some tasters or a cocktail.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Going to Idlewild as a local in the valley is something we always look forward to. The spirits they distill are amazing, and we have purchased many bottles as gifts for friends. The bar manager is a true mixologist so let him suggest a crafted cocktail for you! The food the offer is wonderful so do miss out on those offerings also! Do your self a favor and stop by this gem in Winter Park!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We had a late dinner of small plates and a variety of cocktails. The Brussels Sprouts are amazing, wedge salad was great, wings and thighs are a must. We tried the Teqila Mockingbird, white whiskey mule, shrub spritz, Manhattan and an Austin Flowers. All were very good. It was a busy evening but our server was very attentive.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

A hidden gem tucked away below the street is Where you find this place. Cozy seating and legit bartenders. We had a small plate of Brussels sprouts that my husband had over a year ago and would not shut up about; they were pretty tasty. We had a Moscow mule which was good but they make their own ginger beer and it could pack more of a punch for sure. I had the Austin flowers cocktail. A floral smell but a sweet after taste that was very well balanced. It even have marigolds in it which I thought was a pretty touch. The service was good although I heard a host mock some customers, maybe he was having a bad day... our server (Gregory, I think) was lovely :) he helped me pick my drink and was so spot on. Patient and very helpful. I would ask for him if we ever get the chance to go back. For a chill scene and a nice drink it’s a good spot. It’s pricey $10+ a drink but that’s pretty typical around here plus a lot of their ingredients are made in house.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

This is a combo distillery and bar and restaurant. BUT it is a bar more than anything else. These folks are cocktails driven, Craft at that. Sitting at the bar we learned that all the well is their own. I wish they had a true London Dry, but they do well with their gin. The time and effort put into the fresh items here is insane. Ginger Beer, Tonic, Infusions. The list just goes on. Get a Mule, any Mule.

The atmosphere is " redo charlie" it looks like they went decor shopping at Pier One. It is comfortable and painfully not, depending where you sit. Eating hunched as you have to do with some tables is very bar and looks like a pain if you are a server.

The food menu is not long or short. It has all the trendy food items, Brussels sprouts, truffle fries, duck con fit something, and of course pork belly. Fries and duck something, are outstanding, way to many fries for two people, think 4 persons.

Service is average for a mountain town, you can tell they care, but the basics are missed.

would rate it 4.5 really, this place gets a star bump because Winter Park is making a place available that is geared to adults in a modern way. I bet this place rocks out parties.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I've been going here since they opened 2 years ago and haven't been disappointed yet. No surprise this place is always full of locals. The food, atmosphere, and especially the liquor is always just right. Paul, Michelle, and the whole staff really are just great and always make sure we are getting exactly what we want. Love the gin even though I am not much of a gin drinker. It is smoky and smooth without being to piney. Just great every time!

Date of visit: August 2018