All reviewsevery morninglaurawinterskiingluxuryfireplace
Reviewed 19 March 2009

We spent 10 nights at this wonderful B&B and wished it could have been longer! Laura and Greg were welcoming, helpful beyond the call of duty and I agree with the review that said it is like staying with family, we felt so relaxed there.

Our room was spacious, clean and just beautiful, with a fantastic huge bed, a big flat screen TV (hubbies favourite) and large jetted tub (mine!). Breakfast every morning is a treat, the food was great and perfect to set you up for a day on the slopes.

The location of the chateau is great, the free shuttle bus leaves from the end of the drive every 30 minutes to the ski area, if you miss that then it is just a short walk to the main street to catch the other shuttles which are something like every 10 minutes.

Along the main street there are plenty of restaurants to choose from within easy walking distance, as well as shops and hire places, it is a lovely main street. You can also catch the free shuttle into Fraser for a large supermarket and more shops & restaurants. I was really glad that we stayed here rather than near the ski area, which seemed more deserted at night.

The conditions when we were there were fantastic, we had loads of snow and the ski resort is great. Excellent for beginner/intermediates but really something for everyone.

Overall, a fantastic holiday and I mean it when I say I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Wow! This is an exceptional B & B! My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. It was also our first B & B experience. The Inn is a beautiful building. Greg and Laura Lewis are wonderful hosts.

Our king room was comfortable and clean with a huge flat panel TV! I made good use of their complimentary WiFi, high speed. There was an abundance of closet space. The bath had a shower and jetted tub. The Inn thoughtfully provides hair dryer and quality toiletries. Our room was clean, and there was daily service.

Breakfast each day was, can I say bountiful? A wonderful fresh fruit plate begins each breakfast, Laura is a great chef! The offerings varied between scrambled eggs and hash browns to orange,granola pancakes to omelettes. No one leaves hungry! Each afternoon, apres ski there was complimentary wine and a snack. It was a great way to unwind and visit with other guests.

The location of Winter Park Chateau is ideal. My husband used the compliemtary ski bus, it picks up at the end of the driveway. I used the car to explore the area while he was skiing. We could walk to dinner at a few restaurants.

I can't wait to return and will be telling my friends all about the Winter Park Chateau!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2009

This lovely Victorian-style home is nestled right in the heart of downtown Winter Park. The location could not be better. You can catch the free ski shuttle at the driveway every 15 minutes and you can see the slopes from the house. Staying downtown was preferable to us, because we could walk to dinner and shops and anything we needed. We walked to dinner, 7-11, the ski rental shop, Cooper Creek square - everything was so close!

Our room was comfortable and spacious. We had a large closet, a room with his and hers sinks with space to get ready or change, and then another room with the toilet and shower. The bathtub had jets for soaking after a long day on the slopes and bubble bath was even provided! His and hers cozy, warm bathrobes were also provided.

I could lay in bed and see the mountainside covered in snow from the window. There was a large screen TV with all the pay cable channels for movie watching and snuggling in bed. And it was Valentine's weekend and they had little chocolate hearts everywhere!

The breakfasts were nicer than any we have ever had at a B&B. We had everything from french toast to an egg casserole and it was all deliciously prepared. Fresh fruit was served every morning, too. It was more than enough to fill us up for a great start to the slopes.

Our hosts, Greg & Laura were the nicest people. I mean it when I say it felt like we were staying with family. It was kind of like staying with relatives you hadn't seen in a while. They were generous enough to drive us out to the next town for a sleigh ride we booked, since we didn't have a car, and came back later to pick us up!

There was a little cake stand in the foyer with fresh-baked sweet treats every day after coming off the mountain. The chocolate chip cookies were so delicious! And then they offered an Apres Ski each day with wine and snacks before heading off for evening activities or dinner.

I could go on and on... just like I wish our trip had. We're already trying to figure out when we can make it back!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2009

My partner and I recently stayed at the Winter Park Chateau. It was for a weekend getaway on our 3rd year anniversary.

The price was very reasonable for that area.

The B&B house is very beautiful.

The parking lot is a little tough to maneuver through in the winter if you don't have a 4x4.

The 2 owners were very nice and made us feel welcome.

They were very helpful with suggestions on local outings and cuisine.

The room we stayed in was beautiful. The jetted tub in the bathroom is very relaxing.

The bed itself was pretty stiff. Both my partner and I tossed and turned all night.

The breakfasts they served was very good and there was plenty of it.

I would recommend the Winter Park Chateau for a nice romantic mountain getaway

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 31 January 2009

My wife and I live near Denver and try to do a 3-4 day getaway to the Colorado mountains at least once a month. The Winter Park area is one of our favorite destinations. The ski area is relatively unknown outside Colorado, but is widely viewed by Colorado skiers/boarders as one of the two or three best within the state. In winter, the area offers great nordic skiing and snow showing, tubing, etc...along with mountain vistas mixed with small town charm. In the summer, the proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park and to a vast array of outdoor activities makes it one our favorite destinations. The one downside for us has been the absence of nice accommodations outside the ski area...and particularly within walking distance of the restaurants and shops in town.
The Winter Park Chateau has solved that dilema for us. While you can hike or snowshow from a trail that starts out the back door, this B&B is located in the heart of Winter Park. The facility itself is upscale charming, and Greg, Laura and their staff are downhome charming. Each room is uniquely, but comfortably decorated, with upscale baths and modern features. The common areas include a cozy "family" room by the fire where my wife read books while I hit the slopes, along with a larger living room with multiple areas for small groups to gather. Breakfasts were both delicious and substantial. And the 5pm gatherings over a glass of wine and some tasty snacks were a real pleasure. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple