All reviewsevery morninglaurawinterskiingluxuryfireplace
Reviewed 10 March 2010

read the reviews before we booked so had very high expectations. went back and looked again and most were the only review they have ever written so I guess those folks don't get out much.

It was okay but not excellent compared to other B&Bs we have stayed at. What distinguishes a good B&B from a hotel, which we stay in 2 or 3 times a month for work, is the personal touch from the hosts. Laura and Greg were nice enough but they were so busy taking care of the 10? 12? other guests that there was no sitting around BSing over a glass of wine. MIght as well stayed at a hotel. Add to that some quirky annoyances like dead batteries in TV remote, box spring falling thru the frame twice, no premium movie channels as advertsised, etc; it was just average.

Lastly, a small coffee pot in the room is a tiny investment and good coffee keeps the caffeine addicts from writing cranky reviews.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in February, and had a great experience. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the hosts are friendly and helpful. They provided us with significantly discounted lift tickets, cooked a really nice breakfast each morning, and recommended some surprisingly good restaurants. The walls are a little thin between rooms, but otherwise this B&B is wonderful, and we'll definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2010

This was a first for me and my wife and I have to say they really outdid themselves. We were only there for two nights, but they treated us like we were repeat customers. The attention to little details makes all the difference. We had to leave before the scheduled breakfast time on our last day and they made sure we still had something to eat before we left.

The location of the Chateaus is fantastic. Its within walking distance of several restaurants and places to pick up items for your travel. The shuttle for the ski slope picks you up and drop you off at the bottom of their driveway. Greg was gracious enough to pick us up from the Amtrak station and then shuttle us to the tubing hill on our first day. Laura helped us cash in on LOTS of discounts on equipment rental and ticket prices. We didn’t even have to leave the Chateau to get fitted for or return our equipment . We saved so much money we could have stayed another night if we had the time .

The breakfast was great. Nice and hearty. Perfect for getting you ready for a full day of skiing. They even made soft boiled eggs especially for one of the patrons that requested it! The Happy Hour was always worth the break in the day. Free wine and great appetizers helped you get through the rest of the afternoon until you were good and ready for dinner. We decided to stay in on our last night and just order pizza. Just minutes after the pizza guy left, Greg was knocking on our door to give us plates and utensils. Again, the thoughtful gestures really helped make this place stand out.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience and look forward to doing it again in the future, for a much longer stay. Oh and don’t forget your swim trunks. They have a hot tub on the second floor balcony with a wonderful view.

Josh

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Winter Park Chateau. The Inn Keepers were very kind and knew the area well. Breakfast was delicious and the amenities were fantastic. I highly enjoyed the company of other travelers as well, it really added to my experience without distracting me from my rest.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2010

If you are planning a visit to Winter Park, Colorado, let me share with you a true jewel of a Bed & Breakfast: The Winter Park Chateau in downtown Winter Park. I found this B&B last year when looking for a unique experience for out-of-state guests, and was delighted when our stay exceeded my expectations in every way. The Winter Park Chateau is owned and operated by Laura and Greg Lewis, who totally renovated this eight unit Victorian-like building. Laura and Greg are remarkably gracious hosts, and from the moment you arrive, make you feel so welcome that it is a little like going home to visit family. Your stay includes a home-cooked breakfast each morning, and then each evening a wine and hors d' oeuvres layout where the guests mingle and chat up the days’ activities before dinner at the wide variety of local restaurant choices.

The rooms are charming, comfortable and well-equipped, including large flat-screen TVs. Amenities include a large hot tub spa and on-site massage therapist. The building is one block off the main street and on a ski bus route, so getting around is easy. I had never been a huge B&B fan before my stay at the Winter Park Chateau, but since last year we have been regulars and even plan trips around availability there. Put this on your list for romantic getaways or family activities – you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family