“Nice, Clean, Basic Accomodation”
Review of Valley Hi Motel

Valley Hi Motel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had a hard time finding a place that would accept a one night reservation during ski season. I read all the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to give this hotel a try. I am so glad I did. The owner is personable, hard working, and helpful. The hotel is right on your way into town (on your right) and less than 5 minutes from Winter Park's base. You can walk to Winter Park's downtown restaurants and shops from this motel.

Our room was large and clean, and, yes a bit dated. There were a bunch of samples in the room (Axe hair gel and Breathe Right strips) that my family got a kick out of. There is a very basic continental breakfast in the morning. The rate was excellent for a ski town ($119 for two double beds).

Also, my son accidentally left his DS charger in the room and the owner called me later that afternoon to let me know that he found it. That was unexpected. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerander

Reviewed 7 November 2011

The Valley Hi is a good value for accomodation right in Winter Park town. Our room was clean and the sheets, towels, and bed were all good. The building is older, but upgrades have been made to the things that matter. Some of the furnishings and carpet could be improved, but then the price wouldn't be so good. We visited during the shoulder season and had to wait to check in since there was no-one in attendance, but I expect there would be more attentive check-in and out service when the motel was busier.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SelwaySteward
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Manager waited up for my (very late) arrival. Both he and his wife were charming, helpful people. My room was large: had 1 king bed, and enough room left over for a bunch more people to sleep on the floor!
My room was on the highway side of the hotel, not 20 feet from traffic, but I did not hear any traffic noise at all.
Room came w/ microwave and small refrigerator, which would be lovely for anyone staying for several days. They have storage lockers for skis just inside the main door.
Scenery is tremendous too. I'll be back to this one!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Motel is great, clean and roomy. Owner was very nice and friendly, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Great service, extra large room, convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We saw this Motel on Trip Advisor and figured it to good to be true. It was the best place we stayed on our 10 day trip to Colorado. Would go back in an instance. The hospitality we felt was the best.

Room Tip: ask for the suite
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harriet R
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We had a great stay here stopping over between Mt. Evans and Rocky Mountain National Park. The town has changed quite a bit in 30 years. The Valley H Motel was a grea room for a reasonable price. The bathroom alone was large enought to house some of the room we ahve been in. The owner has wonderful toiletreis for the guest. The rooms were well appointed. The only addition I would suggest is screens on the room windows like in the hallways. Owner was a great help. We would stay here again on another visit. Teh rating is well deserved.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 14 in Winter Park
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Valley Hi Motel? Share your experiences!