“Absolutely Perfect”
Review of Founders Pointe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Founders Pointe
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom unit with a balcony. The unit was super clean and very comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the resort and the third floor hot tub area. The location is perfect and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Everything about the place was just okay but probably would have been great if it was winter or not a heat wave that was 15 degrees hotter than usual. No AC but they give you a box fan. Hot Tub was hard to use because of the heat. No regular pool. Location and price was great for the area. Most of the shops were closed. Only big negative was our room location. Each floor is a U shape with one elevator in the top of one corner if the U. I'm not sure why it isn't in the bottom middle of the U. Our room was in the opposite corner so every time we came and went to the room it is about a 300 yard walk all the way around. I could have probably asked for a different room but we were already settled. Room itself was very clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TreeChris
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We stayed at Founder's Pointe (room 4549) for a spring ski trip in April 2010. Best part: quick walk to the lift.. very quick walk. 2nd best part: Everything about the room and building was new, clean, worked as promised, was oomfortable, quiet. It all worked together for a very relaxing week. We cooked all of our meals in the fully equiped kitchen and found everything we needed either across the street at Winter Park Village or a short drive to Fraser.. Best surprise: the hot tub pool - bet you have never swam laps in a hot tub!!!. It was a highlight. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The drinking water out of th efaucet tasted like RV or garden hose water. when you are skiing you have to drink alot of water to stay hydrated. I have stayed at numerous resorts in Colorado and the water taste excellant almost sweet. I was not the only one who noticed, it was a let down fo rthe trip teh peopel at the resort the mountain peopel were bend over nice and went the extra lenght to make help you. Had no problems with the food, extremely pricey but that is a skiing resort. A rueban sandwich, cup of soup and a drink $21. Our hot tub was 20 steps from out back door, biggest outdoor hot tub i have ever been in. The room was a little small but clean and very modern. doubtful if i go back

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dzlee
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Just got back from Winter Park Colorado with my nine year old son, and it was the "best vacation ever" words from the 9 year old. Stuff to know: We stayed at Founder's Pointe. Great free shuttle into town. Although Winter Park Lodging told me upon booking that the heated under unit parking was included, the desk told me it was $14 per night. Might want to clear that up upon booking. The condo's were lovely. We went with a 1 BR suite. It was very spacious, but it was loud even though we were on the 5th floor away from the hot tub. Huge bath tub, which my tall son could not touch both ends at one time. Since the units are condo's you only have house keeping on the 3rd day. That was okay with me. We bought lots of food and drink in Denver and only ate out twice.

On skiing - get the kids a ski lesson, it is the best money you will spend. Depending on how athelic your kid is a half day might do. I was most interested in actually skiing with my child, so the faster I could get him up to speed the better. A half day worked for him.

On lift tickets - This was a tough one for me. King Sooper in Denver has lift tickets for Winter Park among other moutains, but during the high season, it only saved $5 per day for adults and nothing for children. I was told that there is a 4 day anytime pass that you can get for $150 you have to apply in person and you are suppose to be a Colorado resident. That was told to me by 2 locals on the lift. I do not have any more information about that. I ended up buying my tickets at the base of the mountain . If I had to do it again I would have bought the 4 out of 5 day ticket in advance. High season 12/19-1/4 is aptly named.

Skis rental. We rented at the base of the mountain. Also the most expensive place. I probably could haved bought skis for what I paid for 5 days. But we could store right there and didn't have to carry them back to Founder's Pointe where there are lockers for each unit.

One more thing about the condos. Each is separately owned, so you might want to ask about anything that you are interested in having. ie the one we were in did not have a VCR. but had 2 TVs.

Finally, check in is at 4:00. They were pretty strict on this point. It was difficult for the single mom, bc ski school was over at 3:00. It would have been nice for Founder's Pointe to maybe coordinate times, so that us single moms might have an opportunity to get into the condo while we still had child care coverage. On that point I think that they missed the boat.

Lastly - great restaraunts in town. Hernandos Pizza was one of the 2 places that we ate, Great Pizza and atmosphere - packed! but for good reason. The other place was Rosie's kitchen, also called the yellow house. It is very good for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 26 December 2009

We stayed on the top floor at Founders Pointe and had a beautiful view of the cabriolet and Mary Jane slopes. The place is spotless, heated garage, not crowded and a fantastic hot spa and grill that we used almost every day. The skiing was sparse, with only a few slopes open, but since our girls are beginners it was enough fun. There are so many things to do nearby, and we went snowmobiling, swimming, and visit the hot springs.

The condo is well run, turnkey, and a short easy walk from the ground floor ski locker using a wagon. We rented skis at the base. the restaurants are nice, although there are not many, we ate at each one for dinner and just made breakfast and lunch at the condo and saved $ that way.

Thanks to the management at Founders Pointe, the check in and check out was simple and fast and the parking pass allowed us to pass in and out easily. The unit was nearly brand new, and well cared for. The stonework was attractive and the room was very clean and cozy. Loved the fireplace and deck as well.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I have not been to Winter Park in Years and all I can say is "WOW". The new Winter Park Resort, which is where Founders Pointe is located, is very well done. Fantastic restaurants with great food and personality, breathtaking views, lots of wonderful activiteies for all ages, and everything is within a one minute walk. We will definitly be returning for ski season and we will stay at Founders Pointe as you can walk to the lifts, ice skating pond, great restaurants, and you can park in the underground garage for free as a resort guest. All of the staff we encountered were very warm and friendly and did everything possible to make our stay wonderful. The rooms are only one year old so they are very nicely done with granite counters and stainless stell appliances. We had 2 flat screen tvs in our 1 bedroom unit with an incredible 4 piece bath and a kitchenette fully stocked with everything you need to make and eat a great meal. Our one bedroom had a balcony which was great to sit out and take in the beauty of the mountains. The hot tub is the size of a pool and is located on a deck which also has great loungers and a gas grill for there gusts to use. We can't wait to go back. I was very impressed with this property and all Winter Park has to offer in the summer as well as in the winter.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Fraser Crossing / Founders Pointe
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Founders Pointe? Share your experiences!