“Great Studio Apartment and Loved Kids Ski School”

Fraser Crossing / Founders Pointe
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Founders Point has been a great place to stay for our family ski trip.

I am hoping to provide some more detailed insight on the property and location that are vague on their website.

We stayed on the 6th floor (top floor) and enjoyed nice vaulted ceilings. Our unit had a gas fireplace that heated up the room very fast. Without the fireplace on, the room stayed quite hot. Humidifiers are provided in the room to help with the dry cold air. Studio apartment has only a half kitchen which is not highlighted on their website. It features a sink, dishwasher, convection oven (size of large microwave), 2 burner stove and oversized mini fridge. We had hoped to cook in more but were limited due to fridge space and limited cooking with convection oven. Kitchen is well stocked with paper towels, dish soap and dishwasher soap. Bathroom did have hotel sized shampoo and soaps. Very modern and updated space. Very large pull out couch and king sized bed. 2 chaired table for eating. Coffee pot with several pods provided. Toaster. Ceiling fan and also box fan in closet as an option. Ironing board. Hairdryer is the wall type that is very small and weak. We brought our own ground coffee and used paper towels as filters which worked great. Free wifi worked well in rooms. Great customer service - when I called about our humidifier not working it was replaced within 20 minutes.

The previous post about hearing noise from the hallways is correct. If this bothers you bring ear plugs.

One thing not mentioned on the website is the option for free parking. You can opt for $14 per day in the garage under the building or you can unload your stuff and then park back up by the start of the resort in a free surface lot and ride the free gondola down to the resort.

I'd recommend asking the resort for pricing on lift tickets as we scored a great deal prepurchasing tickets at huge discounts with our hotel reservation. We saved almost 1/3 price on adult lift tickets and with those got free child's rentals.

Winterpark kids ski school was professionally organized. Our 3 year old went to a special class just for that age and there was a great kid to teacher ratio. I spent a lot of time watching and the teachers were fun and so patient. All kids get gps tracking devices which is nice. My 9 year old also really enjoyed his class. They were very in tune with recognizing he needed to be advanced to the next level and so within 10 minutes he was put in a skill appropriate class and was not bored. Ski school got an a+ and I am very picky. Lunch was provided for the kids which was pizza or Mac and cheese or grilled cheese.

There is a Safeway just past the town of winterpark towards frasier if you need groceries or pharmacy.

All in all would highly recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BFamilyZurich
There are newer reviews for Fraser Crossing / Founders Pointe

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband, 12 yr old son and I really enjoyed ourselves here in a 2 bedroom condo. We were traveling with another family (of 5) and their 2 bedroom condo was even nicer.
The condos have ample room, more than other condos we have had. The gas fireplace is a dream and really puts out the heat. There were plenty of paper goods and housekeeping came once during our 5 night stay and replaces all our dirty linens with clean ones. The courtyard pool was perfect, but if you stay on the 3 floor, you'll be closer to it. They even provide pool towels and plastic cups at the pool for extra something. We didn't grill, but they were clearly functional as others were.
The kitchens are well stocked for light cooking. I did not care for the complimentary coffee, so if you pack yours, don't forget the filters.
I can't say it enough, a heated underground parking garage is such a treat!! It is well worth the 16$ per night. There is no front desk in the building, but the front desk in zephyr lodge is just across the street on your way to skiing.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We spent a little more for the convenience of being right by the ski lifts. While it took us a while to find our room (maybe some better signs would help), the room was big, clean, and the fireplace was great. I think the only thing I didn't like was the gaps under the doors ( is this for fire safety maybe?) because we could hear people in the hall loud and clear. It was quiet at night though and we slept well. I loved that the next day when we checked out that we were given a pass for parking so we could ski and leave our car in the heated garage.
The resort is great, no lines to ski and not that busy in the middle of the week. The shuttle bus runs right by the hotel and the drivers are great about getting you where you want to go. Overall, this has been my favorite stay in the Rockies.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here for business Feb 1st-3rd. The unit was clean though the thermostat was set pretty high upon arrival. Very clean bathrooms, ample towels. Clean white sheets with plenty of extra pillows and blankets for the bed were provided.

A minor complaint is that the water does not get too hot in the shower; after a long day on the slopes (yes, that's work) a hot shower would have been nice. The temps of the water just never got that hot to my liking.

Easy access to the slopes. Covered parking if your vehicle isn't too tall.

Don't forget you will hear the Amtrak and coal trains passing at random hours of the night- there is nothing you can do about that as the track is right next door. If your unit faces the hot tub (this one does not) you may need to bring earplugs as the guests were getting a bit rowdy the time I was there.

Check-in was a breeze.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I are back from a short ski vacation to Winter Park. I chose Fouders Pointe because of the location to skiing. It was the perfect choice! It's a very short and simple walk across the street to the bottom of the mountain and the ski lifts. It was simple to do even in the bulky ski boots.

It was also nice to be so close to shopping, restaurants, and bars. The village at Winter Park Resort is a great place. There are many options for places to eat - from pizza to steak. All of our meals were wonderful.

We stayed in a one bedroom room. It was a nice, big room with a kitchen, couch, fireplace, TV, and king size bed. The room was very clean and modern. It was nice to have a humidifier provided because of the dry air. I also appreciated the fan in the room.

The room would get very hot even without the heat on. We had to open the window several times because the room would get so hot. I guess this is a better option than being too cold, though. It was not really an issue at all.

The hotel hot tub is very nice. We enjoyed it!

I would absolutely stay here again. I highly recommend it. We are very happy with our choice to stay at this friendly resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HunterLilly
Reviewed 29 January 2013

All in all I would say this place is nice. The room was clean. The only issue I had was that the train comes through every once and awhile. It wasn't enough to disrupt our stay. The hotel is located in the Winter Park village with easy access to shops and restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We enjoyed our first trip to Winter Park. Founders Pointe was a nice place to stay and only a few minute walk to the slopes. The studio room was clean and had all we needed in the kitchenette. The huge outdoor hot tub was very nice after skiing. The only complaint was that our room got very warm at night. We had to sleep with the window open and couldn't enjoy the fireplace much because of the heat. Also, there is no room service. They only clean the room and replace towels if you stay 5 days or more. Overall, a comfortable stay close to the slopes.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
WP_ResortLodging, Manager at Fraser Crossing / Founders Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for visiting Winter Park Resort. We are always happy to hear the great reviews and that our guests enjoyed their time here. We appreciate the feedback about the heat, I will chat with our maintenance supervisor and the rest of the lodging team to find out if this is a common complaint and if we need to make some adjustments in the building. We hope that you come back to visit us soon, the snow is falling again and the mountain just gets better as the season goes on. Also, if you return and would like daily housekeeping or a quick tidy we are happy to accommodate you, there is an additional minimal charge, especially in a studio. We look forward to having you back to our beautiful mountain resort.

Kindly,