Keeping in mind that our travel was during off-season, I was a bit disappointed in Iron Horse. The restaurant is closed for the season and the front desk isn't accessible between 10pm and 8am. However, I can understand that the facility has a prime location for winter guests, for the summer it's a mediocre place but a good price. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with 3 children and 2 adults. The rooms were nice, a bit squeezed for a family of 5 and the outdoor balconies looked less than safe; wobbly railings!
The kids visited the swimming pool and hot tub area. Its was alright, but nothing that impressed me. We also visited the fitness center and it is very well equipped, clean and easy access to the locker rooms. The fitness center was only open from 8am - 10pm, so early risers are out of luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance to the ski lifts at Winter Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Iron Horse Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iron Horse Hotel Winter Park
- Iron Horse Resort Colorado