This place was a huge disappointment in my book. I booked it because you could ski down to the base from a spot on the property. True enough you could, but the catwalk was so flat in places (as so many of them are at Winter Park) that it was easier to take off the skis and walk on the first morning when I let my wife use my poles until we could get her a pair at the base. The restaurant/bar was closed for the season because they couldn't come to terms on their lease with the resort. That's a deal that has to get done under all circumstances so I blame the resort for that void. There was no bellman and no ski-check. I had never been sent to a room anywhere in the world that hadn't been cleaned until this visit. As it turns out, it was already an hour after check-in and then when I informed the front desk, we waited another hour and fifteen minutes for housekeeping to get up to the room and clean it. The dated room smelled like a deep-fat fryer from the previous guests and there were dogs in seemingly every other room on our floor. The place wasn't horrible, but it has so much room for improvement. I still can't believe there wasn't a place on the property to get a meal and a drink, especially since you have to take a shuttle into town three miles away or go down to the mountain base to get to the nearest restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance to the ski lifts at Winter Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iron Horse Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iron Horse Hotel Winter Park
- Iron Horse Resort Colorado