“Older, but very comfortable!”

Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed off-season (July) so we had our choice of views as far as what room we wanted and there was plenty of parking! The room was very comfortable ... we had four adults with two queens and a roll-away, and there was plenty of space for us.

The decor is a bit outdated and shabby around the edges (frayed spots in carpet and dents/dings in walls) but it was easy to see it was clean and just a little older of a facility.

Pool, hot tub, sauna were all fully functional even though there were just a few guests. We were pleased with our accommodations for the price, especially compared to the surrounding ski towns.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at the Winter Park Mountain Lodge and was pleasantly surprised....such good value, lovely staff, brilliant rooms and just a short bus ride to the slopes. All in all a brilliant hotel to stay in staff couldn't do a enough. Rooms were cleaned daily and well no complaints what so ever oh yeh except that good portions are huge!!!! so if you are feeling hungry just watch what you order. Once again really great hotel and Winter Park was also great for boarders despite a lot of reviews.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have to say that This was not my first time staying here, This was our go to Hotel the first few years living here in Colorado for our July 4 trips to WP, I have always loved staying here due to the pool and the big hot tubes , This was our 1'st trip to WP in the winter since I do more biking Vs Skiing but it was well worth it since we had 10+ inch's of snow come down that weekend and loved how the town looked in the winter. The service was god but could have been better since we got there around noon and they told me that my room would be ready when I called b4 I left my house down here in Denver, But when we got up there after hitting a blizzard on the pass we waited a hr to get in to our room and having our cat with us and waiting in the lobby with our cat was no fun ! The service in Moffat station was awesome A+ in my book the food was great and the people there were awesome, The girl who helped us was very nice to chat with since she was not from here ( Colorado ) . The room was clean and well taking car of and had a great view of the Mtn , Would I stay here again ?? Yes

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Mtn if not you will be looking at a parking lot !
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I came to Winter Park in 2012, and have been counting down the days till I can go back!

The hotel is basic in public areas, with a restaurant games room, but no where to really go and chill out, but then again there are the rooms for that. The rooms were superb! We had a fold down double bed, and the double sofa bed, which worked out great because we could fold them back up when we needed us of the whole room. There was a reasonably good size kitchen area and bathroom which was adequate for our stay and the overall room was a fantastic size for our party.

Just outside the hotel was beautiful surrounding mountains and, right next to it is a bucket lift which takes you down into the quaint little village. Again the village was perfect, not overcrowded, but had everything you needed including ski hire, shops and even a Starbucks (Result!) From there it was a short walk down to the main ski meet.

The whole resort had a fantastic range of runs and some really cute little underdog runs for those more experienced that like a mogul or two! There were some lovely mid mountain restaurants which we stopped in for lunch, always had a fantastic range of hot and cold food for everyone!

We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather and the whole holiday was sublime! Would thoroughly recommend to anyone who was planning on going skiing in America, this will definitely not be a one time deal for me!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Spent approx 10 nights at this hotel in March.

Room was very clean and kept fresh and tidy each day by excellent cleaning service. Good bath and shower over head. The bathroom could do with updating but is fully functional and adequate for a skiing holiday

The fan in the bedroom was quite noisey so I did not have it on during the night and just used an extra blanket.

I could hear the train each early morning (1amish) but that could have been due to jet lag!

I used the hot tubs a few times, very hot and just the thing to sort out sore muscles after a day on the slopes. I didnt use the swimming pool but it looked okay and excellent views from the pool and tubs over to the slopes.

Ski bus picks up people each day from outside of the hotel, regular friendly and easy to use service free of charge. Hotel to slopes is approx 5 mins

It snowed most days or evenings but roads were quickly cleared and all transport easily managed the 6 - 8 inches fall (I say this because in the UK this would stop all traffic for hours!).

Reception were friendly and keen to assist.

Breakfast and evening meals were taken inside the hotel. There was hot breakfast and full continental each day. There was a full menu for evening meals that I worked through over the 10 days. The kitchen are willing to cook food from the menu to your requirements and reduced portions for me on many occasions as they were just huge and it seemed such a waste. Many foods come in sauces so if like me you like just a touch of sauce ask them to put to one side or separately where possible so that you can put the exact amount on.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front overlooking the slopes which was lovely but I did also get to hear the tra...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank daffyduck625
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The location of this hotel - being right across from the ski resort is convenient - but that was the only positive thing about it. It advertised a brewery being inside the hotel restaurant but the brewer was apparently fired and and as of February they said, are no longer brewing. We felt like we had walked into the 1980s staying in this hotel...the people and the decor alike were all outdated. I didn't want to eat at the restaurant so we took the free shuttle downtown to eat, watch basketball games, and drink in the evening. We did have a few drinks at the hotel bar and the bartenders was very friendly. The rooms were not up to my standard for cleanliness and I didn't dare go look at the pool or hot tub. Overall I was very disappointed as I had brought a friend from out of state here and being from Colorado, this made me disappointed in Colorado.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel between late march and early April. We found the staff very friendly and the atmosphere was very warmly and the staff were very easy to talk to. Similarly the bus drivers that transported you around town would take you anywhere even if the location was not en-route. The hotel; however, was not the most high-tech much like the rooms that did not have the pizazz nor warmly feeling of other hotels I have previously stayed in. I would recommend this hotel if you want friendliness and value for money but I would "go for" a different hotel if you are looking for quality of furniture and decor.

• Stayed: April 2013
#3 of 25 in Winter Park
Valley Hi Motel
Valley Hi Motel
#5 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Winter Park Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!