Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Valley Hi Motel(Winter Park)
Great 4.5/5
Crestview Place(Winter Park)
Good 3.5/5
Elk Run Townhomes(Winter Park)
Excellent 5/5
    Trailhead Inn(Winter Park)
    Great 4.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
      All reviewsmoffat stationmountain lodgeacross the streetski shoprooms were very cleanduring ski seasonshuttle servicefree shuttleski tripbrewerysnowwpsaunavillageequipmentsummerskier
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a rare family vacation scheduled and chose this hotel because of the price and location - unfortunately the very rude service and dirty rooms and pool proved not to be worth the savings -
      Sorry to have to leave such a poor review - we actually got married at this hotel seven years earlier! Boy has it gone downhill!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
      2  Thank Gintaj
      Reviewed 29 March 2014

We just returned from a stay at the Mountain Lodge and found the accommodations perfectly fine. I'm not sure if we were lucky or if management has been reading these reviews and addressing the concerns expressed. Our unit was clean, the beds very comfortable and the only smell was that emanating from the restaurant and it was an honest to goodness food smell. We were accommodated with an early check in and a shuttle to the Amtrak station---all by the very helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
      Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here for 4 nights. We had a forest view 2 queen room with a rollaway. After I booked the room I kept reading reviews and was thinking I should change hotels. Glad I didn't! This place was great and more than I expected. A lot more room than your typical hotel room. Brought rollaway in and didn't even have to move furniture around. There was a fridge in room. We were on the 5th floor and never had to wait long for elevator. In fact we only ran into other people on it maybe twice. I was expecting a run down old looking place. Not the case. We took the kids to pool one day. It was a lot bigger than I expected. Loved sitting there watching the snow come down. We tried the restraint for lunch. It was typical hotel food. We walked over to bar area (very nice) and let the kids play pool and other games in there. Everyone was very nice. Loved that they brewed beer there. There was a small arcade on the other side of bar. We really enjoyed our stay here! Don't hesitate to book. Not sure what other people are complaining about.

Stayed: March 2014
      2  Thank Julie F
      Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was the first thing out of our mouth when the elevator door opened on our floor. It was the smell of curry and dog feces/cat food (not sure which) that permeated the hallway and our room. We figured out that the smell was coming from a meeting room that was connected to the Moffat Station Restaurant on the same floor as ours. This was the second negative experience that we had within the five minutes of being at the Winter Park Mountain Lodge. The first was when we entered the front door, I was not greeted by a courteous clerk, welcoming me to the lodge. Instead I was met with a young woman behind the desk that looks up long enough to say,"What's up?" Fast forward to entering our room. The room was clean, as far as I could tell. I get the ice bucket and proceed to the ice machine that I had passed in the hallway. The ice machine was broken. I go back to my room and call Ms. "What's up" at the front desk. She tells me, "Yeah, the ice machine on that floor has been broken for several weeks, but there is another machine on every floor. I go to level three to use that ice machine. It spits out three or four cubes and quits. (sigh)...Onto level four. I got lucky and it filled the bucket halfway before quitting as well. Later, when we decide to get something to eat, we decided to give the Moffat Station grill a chance. I was surprisingly impressed with the overall look and feel of the restaurant. The nut brown ale was decent and the burger was good. The only downside was that the bartender had to run the bar, take the orders of all customers at the tables, wait on everyone at the tables, refill drinks, bring out the food, bus the tables, and cashier all customers. He was a "one man band" and he did it surprisingly well, the poor guy. The next morning we could not get out of there fast enough. I WILL NEVER BE BACK to this sorry excuse of a hotel. Don't be fooled by the online pictures of Winter Park Mountain Lodge! The next time I go to Winter Park Resort, I will gladly pay double the price to stay across the street!

Room Tip: There isn't one. Stay at the Zephyr.
      • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
      1  Thank Michael O
      Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been here since Thursday and I am disappointed about the rooms and service. The mountain view is beautiful but... The bathroom need a make over, more than that, the toilet is horrible. One of the beds has the bed frame displaced and we keep hurting when we walk around bed. The TV is old fashion and they DO NOT have dryers! What?! This is where the costumer service come dycotomic, it depends who you ask, you can get a very nice person or rude one. How many stars this hotel is anyway? DO NOT even try the restaurant here for dinner, it will take for ever and they end up telling you that they do not have what you requested.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family