“Inexpensive plus perks.”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Inexpensive plus perks.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We got a travel deal which included one night lodging, drinks and appetizers...so, the price was right. Our room was adequate, nothing special or resort like. Our room faced the highway, but pretty quiet. Staff were very helpful. Food was OK, but nothing special. In the winter, this would be a great place to stay, as it is across highway from ski hill....but for our stay in the summer, I wish we were closer town. Lodge is located a few miles from town, on highway, which I wouldn't recommend walking along. However, for price, it was a good nights stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The price was right with the 'Denver Deal', but the rooms were so-so. They were clean, but needed updating - the carpet was fraying, bathroom needed re-tiling. Rooms were very quiet. I didn't hear anything during the night even though hotel appeared to be nearly full.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My stay was enjoyable. I did not enjoy the food options, but downtown Winter Park is a very short drive away (a few minutes). I usually prefer to stay in the heart of things, like walking distance to downtown, but the price was right and it looked nice. And it was nice. My room was spacious, clean and quiet...I liked that. There was ample parking, that was great! The swimming pool and hot ribs were awesome and I found that to be a plus! I was there in the summer and feel like perhaps the location is more ideal in the winter, so keep that in mind! The staff was friendly and chatty so that was nice! It was in a beautiful setting so I loved that AND it was SUPER easy to get to! And that is always a huge plus for me! But like I said walking to anything else from there is not really an option and I was not a fan of that, and the "restaurant" was trying some new sort of buffet thing and that was not a win for me. But all and all I was happy so might consider it again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lindzard81
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had a great time, loved everything, especially the hot tubs and pool. We went with another couple to enjoy the trestle bike park, which was right across the street. We were happy it was a Monday so is was not crowded at all. I will definitely stay there next time we visit Winter Park.

Room Tip: Mountain view is pretty, facing the ski resort/bike park
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We've stayed here over the winter and summer. Place is sort of run down, but staff is friendly and responsive. The silliest thing is that the bar/restaurant closes at 9PM, even on Fridays and Saturdays!! Silly.

Room Tip: Pick forest view, not mountain view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pooohbah
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a special deal via Trip Advisor that included a meal voucher. The room itself was pretty nice. Ask for a forest view (the hotel is just off the highway and a mountain view gets you the highway view). The indoor pool and hot tub (2!) was nice as well. The restaurant area was more or less a bar and basic booths - nothing very "restauranty" about it. The food was just ok ($5 to add chicken to my nachos was a bit much) but the waitperson I worked with (since the first one ignored me) was great - even sending my complimentary drink for my hubby to me in a take away cup. Breakfast - by 7:30 everything was pretty much wiped-out; staff seemed not to realize- first 1 man did and then it looked like they had the full-time person come and maintain it (but things were going fast and it seemed hard for them to keep up). Overall, it was decent and the price was right.

Room Tip: Mountain view was over the parking and highway so ? on that (maybe forest view better). Room on 2nd...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it. Really nice location right across from the village. Very clean room and bathroom. Nice linens and towels. Most of the staff was friendly however the ice machine needed fixed and they were not very nice when we told them. Pool was nice too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fraser Crossing / Founders Pointe
Best Western Alpenglo Lodge
Best Western Alpenglo Lodge
#1 of 15 in Winter Park

Been to Winter Park Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!