“Great for Our Family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Timber Run at Winter Park
Thornton, New Hampshire
“Great for Our Family”
Reviewed 14 March 2006

Timber Run has received some "bad press". Okay, so it's not the Ritz!
We stayed at Timber Run - Cedar Building during the February Break. The unit was acquired throught an RCI timeshare exchange. Although the complex is older, we found the unit clean, well-maintained, and the furnishings comfortable. It was stocked with paper products, trash bags,dish soap, etc. The linens and towels were plentiful and could be exchanged at the check-in center (downtown) at any time. Our unit was one of the most spacious accommodations we have ever stayed in. It slept our family of 8 comfortably, 2 BRs, a loft and 3 full baths. We never felt crowded. Althought the kitchen was well-stocked, the dishes and utensils were not new, perfectly matched sets (not one of our priorities).
But, we went to Winter Park to ski and this was a perfect base from which to do so.
The view from the large deck was spectacular. The gas fireplace was lovely and cozy. The free shuttle (to many destinations) runs every 30 minutes and stopped almost outside of our door. Our unit came with a garage underneath (a true benefit in mid-winter), a washer, dryer ($) and hot tub were also on the bottom level. We found these facilities to also be older but clean and well-maintained. Be forewarned, the stairs can be daunting in the high altitude!
As far as the train - you are going to hear it from almost all of the downtown Winter Park lodgings. It did rouse us a few times, but none of us felt it ruined our stay, or sleep. Perhaps with windows open in the summer it would be disturbing.
Check-in and Check-out take place in a central location downtown. The process was very efficient, and employees were friendly and helpful.
We have one complaint and that was the lack of a portable crib at the resort. Although we had made three phone calls prior to our trip, the staff at Timber Run was not only not helpful, but totally unsympathertic, and even rude, to our plight.
We did find a source through a Winter Park web-site.
So if the lap of sheer luxury is not a standard by which you judge your vacation accommodations, you should be more than happy with Timber Run. We'd return just for the view!

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank sippican

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stow, Ma
Reviewed 22 February 2005

We are spending a week at Timber Run. The first few days we were in the Cedar Building. This building is run down. Although functional, our loft apartment that slept 8 was showing the sign of wear and tear. Lightbulbs hadn't been replaced and half the glasses were missing. The "outside" hot tub was actually in a basement room and hadn't been cleaned for quite a while. We then moved to Dogwood which was in much better shape and actually had an outside hot tub. The Condo was clean and had a washing machine. The resort bus stopped right below the condo. The really big issue with this place is that you are only 1/4 mile from a railroad crossing on what is a mainline east/west coast line. Throughout the night you hear multiple train whistles. This is likely an issue for multiple Winterpark resorts and certainly a question I would ask for any I was considering

• Stayed February 2005
9 Thank PekingDuck
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2002

Hi
I'm Caroline from Bonnie Scotland in the UK. I work for BA and booked my condo thru RDMHLTD a fab contact in the BA News. I stayed at Timber Run with my Husband and 2 children(13&14) and although it is a wee bit out of town we had the most fantastic ski-ing holiday.
At a very high altitude,(12,000ft) I experienced colder days than I had in the Cairngorms on a good day, but there were some very sunny days and the snow every single day was absolutetly perfect. (I have ski-ed in many places around the world and the snow here is ace.)
My first time to Timber Run, as I said not absolutely central but I learned very quickly that this was another plus...peace perfect peace...complete with log fire, outdoor hot-tub and regular ski-bus evey 1/2 hour from 0800-2300 to Lift areas and Downtown Winterpark, the condo at Timber run was perfect for me and my family.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Silverado II Resort & Event Center
Vasquez Creek Inn
Vasquez Creek Inn
#1 of 3 in Winter Park

Been to Timber Run at Winter Park? Share your experiences!