“My FAVORITE Winter Park dining experience”

The Back Bowl Soup Company
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Delicious homemade breakfasts, soups, sandwiches and salads. Fresh, simple, healthy choices for your family on the go. Kid friendly atmosphere, grab and go options, gluten free menu, beer and wine. Catering and box lunches available. Live music and local beer specials. Call or check our website for daily soup selections.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Back Bowl is a wonderful experience with the best soups and sandwiches I have ever had. The staff is always friendly and accommodating, definitely recommended!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visited this restaurant on July 20th, 2014 and it was one of the worst dining experiences I have had in along time. Our food took FOREVER (and it was not busy) to come out and everything was served cold, from my Italian Sausage to my soup. When I asked them to heat my soup up, it took forever so I went to check on it. The server, a young girl with an off white knit hat on, said "oh yeah". It was just sitting in the microwave. She gave it to me and it was still cold because it was sitting in the microwave so long. She heated up the other soup we ordered and never brought it out to us. So, when I came back in to get it, it was just sitting at the cash register, and yes it was cold and it was not even good in the first place. The service was so slow it decreased our time at the Adventure Park. The prices were very high for poor quality food. You don't mind spending the money if the food is good and at least hot, but it was neither.

Jodi J, Owner at The Back Bowl Soup Company, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am so sorry to hear of your experience at my restaurant. The is no excuse for the poor service and poor food quality. We have always prided ourselves in offering delicous food and hiring quality freindly staff, I am sorry we dropped the ball with you and your family. My wife and I were both out of the restaurant that day, and were saddened to see such a poor review while we were out. I have had a long talk with all my staff to correct our poor responce to our guests needs. Please try us again if you are in the area, as I am sure you have a better time. Feel free to ask for me personally. Thanks for ther feedback, I will surely fix.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The staff was so friendly that I almost feel guilty giving them a poor rating, but I have to be honest about my experience. We stopped here for lunch as most of the other restaurants were packed, & this seemed like a nice, quiet place to grab a quick bite. We saw a lot of customers look at the menu & then walk out--maybe we should have followed them. My husband & I split an order of hot dogs & potato salad. The potato salad was bland, & we barely picked at it. The hot dog buns were so dry & stale that they fell apart on the plate! So disappointed with the food, & we will definitely be skipping it next time. I am surprised by my own review given the other comments--maybe we caught them on an off-day or ordered the worst thing on the menu. Talked to several other customers later on at the conference we attended & we heard less-than-desirable reviews about sandwiches & soups as well...

I feel so bad, we have been in business for 5 years, and have not had to respond to to many poor reviews, and I hope have fixed everything. Thank you for letting us know, so that I can make the changes that need to be done. We pride ourselves on offering delicous food and will work even harder to make sure that happens. Please try us again, and feel free to ask for Woody.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

All the soups are fresh, unique and offer maybe the best value on the mountain. The breakfast burritos are also the real deal and give you the fuel you need before hitting the slopes. Really like sitting out on the patio in the sun with one of their unique micro brews. A favorite place at WP!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I enjoyed my cup of soup, but I must say, every time I get a bowl of soup with no bread on the side it makes me sad. Soup and bread are meant to be together! The soup was good. The choices were unique. Not a lot of seating but a fun and cute inside.

My cup of soup cost me almost $7 with tax. The price of eating at a ski resort, but for a cup of soup, disappointing.

Yes, I agree. We do offer bread bowl wich are the best deal for soup amounts and bread. I will start working with some roll recipes to provide a good bread to go with good soups. Thank you for complmenting our soups I pride myself on my soup (not so much for my writting skills). Thanks Woody