“Not so many trains, very clean, comfortable and convenient”

Kings Crossing Solar Town Homes
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Kings Crossing Solar Town Homes
Reviewed 6 February 2008

My friends and I stayed at the Kings Crossing Solar Townhomes in January for 2 nights. There were seven of us total, all adults. No one complained about the trains. Yes, you can hear them, but they did not go by every 20 minutes. Perhaps Peggy was in one of the units at the end of the complex next to the train tracks? We were in unit #10 on the inside of the complex, so perhaps insulated from the train whistles. Everyone had a great time and said it was a great place to stay - certainly for the price and how comfortably 7 adults fit. I also love the fact that they have onsite renewable energy with solar panels. We would stay there again. The booking agency does not give refunds unless you buy the "cancellation insurance" which I have to say is bogus. I did not buy the insurance and I didn't need it.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 1 March 2007

This was by far the most horrible place I have ever stayed. The condos are 75 feet from the coal trains that go by roughly every 20 minutes...AND blow the whistle EVERY time. Yikes! My sister-in-law counted 18 trains the second night, which we almost did not stay for even though we had paid in advance. Do not stay here even if you bring earplugs

4  Thank Peggycoche
The Viking Lodge and Ski Shop
The Viking Lodge and Ski Shop
#4 of 25 in Winter Park
Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel

Been to Kings Crossing Solar Town Homes? Share your experiences!