“Immaculately clean; a great value”

Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
Loveland, Colorado
“Immaculately clean; a great value”
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My husband and I chose this hotel as it was one of the few in Winter Park that had air conditioning (the summer is HOT regardless of being in the mountains, and it does NOT always cool off at night!). We were in town for the High Country Stampede and it made me a little nervous that there's no confirmation number or email given with a reservation made by phone. Nothing to fear, though. A nice young man (I think his family owned the hotel) checked us in...the room was small and spartan in appointments, but had everything we needed including a refrigerator and microwave. It was spotlessly clean. Someone had bothered to care for gorgeous hanging baskets of flowers and windowboxes, adding bright splashes of color everywhere. No breakfast was included, but we had brought ours and enjoyed it on a lovely picnic table. They even had real keys! The location is great...you can easily walk to lots of restaurants and shops, and there's a McDonald's right across the street.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 19 August 2009

If you are looking for clean accommodations in a great central location at a very reasonable price I highly recommend the Sundowner. We have been staying at this friendly family run motel for 11 years -skiing in winter with our family and motorcycle trips in summer and have never been disappointed. The pool and hot tub are always inviting and well maintained. The new city park is now completed next door and the ski shuttle is convenient. Lots of close shopping and choices for dining....

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Walking distance to shopping, dining, and a city park. Hot chocolate, tea and coffee available in lobby along with muffins in the AM. Nice but small indoor pool and hot tub. Very clean and well run. We traveled with an 11 year old and it was perfect for one night. Very clean.

Super value! Great for 1 or 2 night stay. I would

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Stayed here for two nights on a motorcycle trip. Great place, clean, enjoyable town. The owner of this motel is very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I was visiting family this summer in Winter Park/Fraser and wanted an inexpensive room for just myself for several days. I made my decision based on other reviews and the excellent deal I got on my room. I must say I am very happy with this motel. It was quiet, clean and comfortable and I added my own personal touches to make it cozy. With a microwave, fridge, cable TV and wireless internet, I brewed my own coffee each morning and had everything I needed. I did not use the pool area.

Located right in town, next to the Chamber of Commerce and walk to shopping and restaurants. The rooms all face in toward the parking lot making it feel safe and secure. If you're looking for a room with a view, this isn't it but with all the great scenery around, you won't be missing a thing.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
covington, la
Reviewed 8 April 2009

For more than ten years I ski Aspen, Snowmass, Winter Park annually and while my lodgings usually change from year to year in other ski resorts, when I'm in Winter Park each year I stay at the Sundowner -- the rooms are immaculate, the location in the heart of a revitalized and lovely ski town, the value unbeatable (and frankly unbelievably low when you stay in the vintage old half of the property even in peak ski season) and the service as good as I've found in the America's Best Value system (owner Ted fetched me from the ski resort clinic one year when I broke my ankle in his personal car and saw to it I had all the help I needed to get down mountain to catch a Denver flight the next day!). My favorite bargain room is one with a queen bed, fridge with freezer, microwave, coffeemaker and free coffee daily, color tv with cable and quiet for $60 to $89 in peak ski season! I return for summer relaxation in the high altitude cool weather Augusts to enjoy Rocky Mtn National Park 30 minutes or so north and the rates are often as low as $39 in that off-season timeframe."

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
chicago
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I visited Winter Park for 7 years, and i stay in Sundowner Motel each time. Great location walking distance to everywere. The staff is very helpful reffering me to all the great restuarants and other businesses in the area. My room was clean all the time, comfortable bads, and quiet place to relax. The owners are very frendly people, they halp you with everything you need. Overall the best value in Winter Park.
They make me fell there like at home. I can't think anything bad about the place or the stuff.That is whay i go back every year.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple