“Great restaurant in Winter Park”

Deno's Mountain Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Deno's Mountain Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vasquez Rd
Transit: Winter Park shuttle stop next to restaurant.
Description: Est. 1976. Best Happy Hour In Grand County: 3-6pm daily. Locals' favorite eatery and sports pub. 650 label wine list. Steaks, Seafood, Pasta, Burgers, Sandwiches. We have it all!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really good food with friendly and knowledgable waitstaff. The menu has a variety of choices but on our waiter Dan's recommendation, we chose the steaks. We were not disappointed as the steaks were seasoned well and cooked perfectly. The wine list was exceptional! Will be dinning there again.

There are newer reviews for Deno's Mountain Bistro

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place would be a great place for a full dinner with wine. There is a great wine list available. In the afternoons they offer happy hour specials.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

There is a wide variety of choices on the menu which are beyond what you will find in a less expensive restaurant, yet enough choices for those with a more common palate. If you arrive between 3-6 PM ask for the happy hour menu. We knew about the happy hour menu from the web site and had to ask for it before it was offered.

Our server was very polite, patient and handled well our group of 11 which included 5 children ages 2-10. We ordered several appetizers, many of which are higher end than you find in a bar and grill or chain restaurant. The appetizers are different than you expect, be certain to read the well described ingredients on the menu.

If you are interested in finer wines ask for the extended wine menu which goes far beyond the limited listing on the main menu.

We sat in the lower portion of the restaurant which has more of a fine dining ambiance, the upper portion being more of a bar and grill experience. Though the doorway is narrow and may give the impression you are walking into a lessor establishment, it opens up once inside. Being a warm evening many people were seated outside in front of the indoor portion which gave them a more pleasant experience, especially when you have a group as large as ours which can become a little noisy at time.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

AWESOME! Time after time! I've been a patron of Deno's for over a decade now and every family member that has ever come to visit me in this fine state of Colorado has had the great opportunity to dine at Deno's. We keep coming back time and again. For the service, the food, the delightful atmosphere (both inside and out) and to enjoy the hospitality of this family run restaurant. You may wonder why it took me years to write this review. Well, I picked Deno's to celebrate my birthday this month and brought along a huge group of friends. I wanted to try something on the menu that I had never had, so Nick (member of the family that owns the restaurant) highly suggested I try one of their steaks. Beings that I had grown up dining on the best Iowa corn-fed-beef, I told him that I've shied away from steaks served in other states because they just couldn't compare. He went on to tell me all of the details of the meat they serve, how it is carefully prepared with special rubs and all, I was finally convinced to give one a try. It pains me to admit (especially to my fellow Iowans) that Deno's steaks are AMAZING! Once again, I was totally impressed with Deno's! And now I may even suggest my visiting relatives from Iowa that they should try Deno's steaks! Ps I just ate there again last night and their Seared Tune Poke Tostada appetizer is delicious!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We ate lunch here twice while we visited winter park. The salads were so fresh and out of this world. I had the beet salad and my husband had the arugula salad. Our friends ate the wrap which was also good. Highly recommend. We sat out on the deck which was really nice.