“Great Quality and Service”

Fontenot's Seafood & Grill
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kings Cross Street
Transit: During the winter season "The Lift", the Winter Park Resort Shuttle stops directly in-front of our restaurant.
Description: Since 1990 Fontenot’s has built a reputation for high quality cuisine and service; today we continue to build that reputation, bringing a taste of New Orleans to Winter Park. Using the finest ingredients and the freshest seafood available we deliver unique and flavorful creations everyday. While our roots are in Cajun cuisine we offer a wide variety of offerings from our classic Gumbo and Louisiana style Po'Boys to our Chili Seared Scallops and Hand Cut Steaks. Visit us online at www.fontenotswp.com to see our current menu and our Facebook page for our daily specials. Join us daily from 4-6PM for our happy hour drink and dinner specials from $15 Visit us today for lunch, dinner, or happy hour and see why we have been a local favorite for more than 20 years!
Arlington, Texas
“Great Quality and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have been coming to Winter Park for 5 years now. We try and eat here at least 2 times for the 5 to 10 days we spend here. The food and service are consistently very good. We have had many of our friends here without telling them about our great experiences. All have enjoyed everything from the appetizers to the dessert. Never one complaint from the group. We will be up this Sat and will eat there Sunday and Wed for sure. This will be the second ski trip this season. Can't miss!! John

• Visited November 2013
Chris M, Owner at Fontenot's Seafood & Grill, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hi, John! It's great to hear from such a long time customer like yourself. Thanks for sharing your kind words! I hope you have a blast in Winter Park this week, and I look forward to seeing you in!

Best,

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The portions are very small for the price. I had the chicken which was decent but very small. I also had a side of the Cajun fries. The fries were cold but tasted alright. My wife had the pasta primavera which was alright. There is nothing special about this place and I would definitely go somewhere else next time. I wish someone would have warned me before I went here and spent my hard earned money. Also my friend had the steak and frites. Again his frites were cold and he ordered a medium steak and it came out well done. Terrible food

• Visited March 2014
Chris M, Owner at Fontenot's Seafood & Grill, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you and your group were disappointed in your meals. Cold entrees are certainly unacceptable. I wish we would have had the chance to chat about this when you were in, because I would have been happy to take care of this right away. I can assure you that this is certainly not our usual standard. The last thing we want is our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I sincerely apologize we missed the opportunity to improve your experience before you left. The next time you're in Winter Park, I hope you'll consider giving us another chance. I'll personality see to it that your experience is much better next time.

Thanks,
Denver, Colorado
“Cajun, and a whole lot more!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

They almost do themselves a dis-service marketing themselves as a Cajun restaurant. Their steak are very tasty (look good too) and the pasta dishes and salads are wonderful. They were accommodating to some changes in what we wanted, and with a smile. We actually went back for a second time during our 3 night stay...that's how much we enjoyed this reastaurant! Don't miss out on the freshly made, traditional key lime pie. You'll think you are in Florida! All the staff that we encountered were top-notch!

Visited February 2014
Thank you for joining us, Bonnie! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visits during your vacation. It sounds like you're doing your trip right — a steak and a slice of Key Lime Pie after a long day on the slopes is a great idea! The next time you come by to Winter Park from Denver, we hope to welcome you back in.

Best,
Arvada, Colorado
“Good Cajun food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went with a group of 14 people to Fontenot's Seafood and Grill in Winter Park Colorado on the recommendation of Dashing Thru the Snow sleigh rides in Fraser and was impressed at their ability to get the large group in. The people in the group who had the gumbo loved it and the appetizer plate was really good. The price is what I expected for a ski town, a bit expensive but expected. All of the entree's purchased were very good. I also purchased the corn soup and found it to be very good. The service was good also.

• Visited February 2014
Chris M, Owner at Fontenot's Seafood & Grill, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I'm so glad you and your group enjoyed your meal, Mike. Thanks for joining us during your ski trip!
The next time you're in Winter Park, we'd love to welcome you all back in.

Cheers,
Centennial, Colorado
“Great food, excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Just follow the locals in a small town when you want good food and good value.
We had an excellent lunch of fish & chips for me and fried shrimp for my wife. Very fresh & very good.
Service was very fast and friendly. It was only $35 including tip, which, for a tourist town was a bargain for the amount and quality of food.

• Visited February 2014
Chris M, Owner at Fontenot's Seafood & Grill, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
It was a pleasure to read your review, Bill. It sounds like you and your wife really enjoyed your meal with us, which is wonderful. We love to serve up our flavorful dishes to locals and travelers alike! The next time you're in the area, we'd love to welcome you both back in.

Cheers,