All reviews waffles the breakfast area hot tub best westerns separate building across the street within walking distance free breakfast room was clean morning breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful nice place to stay front desk staff central location would stay here again middle of town nothing fancy
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This hotel is very nice and economical if you are going to be in the area for skiing. We loved the fact that it was close to lots of restaurant even walking. The ski lodge was very close too. The hotel has great service, clean and a great free breakfast.
It has a Jacuzzi right outside in the back of the hotel. I wished it was inside instead because it was very cold outside.

Room Tip: Keep warm when you go out to the Jacuzzi in the winter time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I really never get dissappointed staying at Best Western Motels. This was nice place to stop on our tour of colorado. The staff were helpfull and professional. The rooms were clean and up-dated. Free y-fi was easy to get on. The bath was clean and adaquate. The coffe was good and the continental was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
BW-Alpenglo-Owner, Owner at Best Western Alpenglo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thanks for your thoughtful review. It sounds as though we accomplished our goal of providing a comfortable stay, but there appears to have been some confusion on the room description when you originally booked. Often times the number or characters we can use to describe a room varies across websites.

In addition to other room types, we offer "Deluxe" and "Deluxe with Mountain View" accommodations, but not "Deluxe Mountain View" rooms - - - which gets rather subjective as to whether a view is "deluxe" or not. The Double Queen and King options, within the same room type, are the same price. We constantly work to provide the best value for our guests, so if you would have made your disappointment with the "view" known, we would have corrected the situation and/or given you the King room (at no additonal cost). Regardless, we appreciate you staying with us and hope you'll give us another chance on your next visit to Winter Park!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

If you need a place to stay on the West side of Rocky Mountain National Park, look no further.

This hotel was an "unplanned" stay on our vacation due to an ER visit. I cannot stay enough good things about the front desk staff - easily the best I've ever experienced at a hotel.

The gentleman running the front desk rapidly got us a room at a great rate, pointed us to local restaurants for food since we had not eaten (it was 8:30pm), and even volunteered to call the local Subway to get hours so that I could get my wife some chicken noodle soup before they closed. I've never had such great service at a hotel before.

The rooms were clean and spacious, and we had a relaxing night after the adventures of the day. Breakfast was good the next day.

This hotel will be my first choice if I need to stay in this area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We collectively work to make sure any guest's stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one. I have shared your thoughts with the person at the desk that night, complimenting him on a job well done. Thanks again!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Enjoyed our stay very much. Staff is excellent - very nice and helpful. Will definitely stay here again. Accommodations are nice and free breakfast is very good. Hotel is very clean - rooms are spotless. Outside appearance is very plain, but the inside is very nice.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the staff helpful and friendly. I liked the location because it was within walking distance to shops and restaurants. I didn't have the breakfast but it looked good. The hotel was quiet at night unlike other hotels where you can easily hear people in the hallway and other rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple