“Hearty Mountain Breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

You know when a place comes at you with five Eggs Benedict options they mean business. Carver's does just that. If you can't find something you think you'll like you just aren't trying. I've been a few times and have never gotten the same thing. It's all excellent and has a prepared from scratch quality. This time I went with the mountain man. If you have a day full of mountain activities planned it will keep you fueled into the afternoon.
I only give four stars because if they're busy your service might be a little slow. Otherwise they should be at the top of you list fo breakfast in WP.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I stopped in for a late lunch on Labor Day. Maybe all the laborers were on holiday, because the place was not busy, but service was very slow. Menu seemed overpriced, at least for my BLT salad, which was extremely basic (romaine, a little bit of crumbled bacon and diced tomatoes). I like basic, but was disappointed for the $12 price. Never had anyone check back on me or refill my iced tea.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Reviews talk about the fantastic cinnamon French toast, and how huge it was. It was two pieces of French toast. Not bad, but not worth $7.50.

Biscuits and gravy are very good, and for sized.

Coffee was terrible.

All total not a breakfast worth $31,50.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I was told this was a winter park institution, so I had to check it out. It was pretty good but I think I've had better brunch in winter park. It us worth checking out though, I had a veggie benediction which was tasty, and the coffee was good and hot. The burrito looked good and was recommended to me. Service was good

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We visited Carvers several times during our recent stay in Winter Park. It is a great place for breakfast, and pretty good for lunch as well. They offer a range of omelets and scrambles, as well as several Eggs Benedict variations, along with pancakes and waffles. The lunch offerings are more limited, sandwiches and burgers, but all are tasty. The service can be a bit uneven, but always friendly. It is a gathering place for locals, and the al fresco dining area is delightful. The full bar is a treat -- try a spicy Bloody Mary.