“Great Ride!”

4-Eagle Ranch
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Wolcott
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 4 Eagle Ranch gives guests an authentic Colorado experience at a ranch that was homesteaded in the 1800's. Open year round, guests can enjoy a variety of activities, including: Sleigh Ride Dinners; Western Family Night; First Thursday Country Dance Night; a free rodeo series; corporate events; weddings; rehearsal dinners; family reunions; horseback riding; zip line tours; jeep, razor and atv tours; white water rafting ; wine tasting; and paintball.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On our recent family vacation I managed to escape with my best friend for an hour ride at 4 Eagle. This location was highly recommended to us by locals we know, and the reviews were all positive. It was less than 30 minutes from Vail, and we choose and afternoon time slot despite the chances of rain (afternoon showers were common throughout our week this summer).
I only picked the one hour slot because I wasnt sure how much "fun" the outfit would allow on the more intermediate or advanced rides, and my friend hadn't ridden in a few years, I played it safe with begginer level. I was very sad that I had not picked a half day ride for us! Our guide was phenmonial, our horses were well behaved. The views are beautiful, and we were able to stop for her to take pictures of us together. Nex time I will come back for sure and we will take the time for a 4 hour, or the cattle drive!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Let me start by writing that LaLoni (the guide) provides that mix of challenges and staying safe for everybody in the group (even at different rider experience levels) that makes great trail rides great. This is NOT your nose-to-tail ride with horses that will refuse to go where you want to go; neither is expected that you stay on trails. We have now done the Cattle Drive 4 times, the advanced trail ride 4 times and we always want to come back for more. Why? For one, LaLoni is always in a good mood, even fulfills "exotic" requests (we looked (and found) for antlers); second: the horses are trained, healthy and strong - some of the hills they climb (with you on them) you would have problems hiking up, but their horses make it look & feel easy. Third: the cattle drive is the real deal and you can contribute - even if you are not experienced. You actually ride up the mountain and start looking for the cattle - they are somewhere else every day....way cool. Then you bring them back to the ranch. All 50 of them. Most of the time. Real fun, real ranch work. Afterwards you may feel like you should get paid, but more fun on horseback will be hard to find. In fact you engage so much in driving the Texas Longhorns that you will forget you are on a horse. The advanced trail ride brings you to the BLM - the backside of the ranch with major altitude gain, great views (we were lucky to watch the US Biking Challenge from up here) and riding at all speeds - they have great highlands, where you can canter you heart out. In short: you will love this! Ask for LaLoni. We love her.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We went to a FREE summer rodeo here on Wednesday and for someone who had never been to a rodeo, it was fascinating!! We really enjoyed ourselves. My only regret is that we did not get there earlier in the day because apparently the ranch is open during the day too and they have many different western things to do!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My daughter and I try to do a trail ride each vacation trip. We've already done a ride in Sequoia State Park in oklahoma during spring break of this year. This ride has been the best, number one we were allowed to canter and trot our horses. We were allowed to join the advance group after the girl during check-in learned that we rode as often as we do. Thank you very much for letting us do
this. The young lady who was our guide did an excellent job of explaining and advising us along the way. Fivr stars to her!! We could tell that she really enjoyed her job.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Went to the rodeo with the grand kids today. What a wonderful experience. Kids loved the animals, the cowboys and all the adventures. Food was reasonable and the vistas were breathtaking. Great of the proprietors to offer this. We will surely go again. A terrific time.