“The Lodge Updated”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodland Park
Golden, Colorado
“The Lodge Updated”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've reviewed the Country Lodge before, as I often visit Woodland Park. Now, though, they have added the amenities of a pub and outdoor patio. The pub is cozy and staff friendly and accommodating. The patio is small but offers a pretty mountain view. There is a limited menu from which to order food. I don't know about prices during high summer times, but during most of the year The Lodge is quite affordable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again here under the Colorado skies. We'll keep you posted here on our ever expanding facility, including our menu, indoor pub and outdoor patio which this summer will be able to host as many as 200+ people. Check back here for pictures and more.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hole was clean, beds comfortable, and the staff and nice and helpful as they come. The outdoor patio with the view of Pike's Peak while enjoying dinner and drinks with my motorcycle group was just plain great. It was a test way to spend the end of our motorcycle tour across the West. I would recommend everyone stop and spend a night or two. I already miss it!!!

Even a clean pool which I did not use.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to share your fond experience with us here at the Country Lodge. We are confident your trip through this part of the Rocky Mountains was equally enjoyable. Thanks and be safe! Come again, please.
Tennessee
Reviewed 31 May 2014

In previous reviews you will notice several references to noise problems. Brent M's (spokesperson for the hotel) response was to extol the virtues of their new 5 star, 250 person patio and pub...and to mention the hotel's quiet hour policy was to ensure a peaceful night's stay for their hotel patrons. Well, the noise problems persist and they offer no warning to guests prior to putting them into rooms that face the patio and who thus must endure the noise til almost midnight. When I complained about the noise, rather than asking their patio patrons to knock it off, they tell me my only option is to move - pack up my stuff and move to another room, after myself and my wife have turned in for the night. When I raised the issue with the manager in the morning, her response was that I could move - no apology, no "you're right, we should be more sensitive to our guests" - just that I could move to another room for the rest of my stay. And certainly no offer to compensate me for the miserable night I had just endured.

This hotel is clearly more interested in catering to it's new restaurant and bar business than they are to ensuring their hotel guests get a decent night's sleep and are treated with respect. There aren't many lodging options in Woodland Park and this, unfortunately, is the best of what's available beyond Manitou Springs, 25 minutes away. That said, I can't recommend you stay here unless you have no choice. It's a shame really because it's not a bad place - but they have their priorities messed up and their hotel guests don't come first at the moment.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from their patio
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sixstringflyer
Thank you for taking time to share your questions and comments. We understand the importance of not just hearing, but listening to each guest.

Our summer policy allows for live music in our indoor pub to end well before midnight. While many hope entertainment will go into the wee hours of the morning, we have negotiated with entertainers to start earlier and end earlier than what is often seen as "normal hours". It is proving to be the right thing to do as we are able to meet the needs of our guests in both the hotel and the restaurant/pub.

Guest services will always allow a guest to change rooms to accommodate individual needs and desires. Quiet time in the lobby and hallways is 10:00. Please report violations or abuse to guest services.

Woodland Park generally, and the Country Lodge specifically, are quiet family-oriented places serving the needs of business and vacation travelers as well as the Pike's Peak community. While this is a diverse family of friends, we strive to consider the interests and needs of each guest with the greatest fondness and respect.

Travellers are raving about these Woodland Park hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've stayed at the Country Lodge numerous times. It's a completely average hotel. I never have major complaints, but there's nothing especially memorable about it, either. The hotel recently went through a major renovation, but you wouldn't necessarily know it. Everything still feels a little dated and a bit cheap.

The rooms are fine. They are fairly clean, although they don't provide the most relaxing atmosphere. It just feels like the furnishings were bought at bargain-basement prices. The beds aren't very comfortable and the pillows are quite bad. I never sleep very well here.

There is a pool, but no workout room. There's a breakfast in the morning, but it's slightly below the average hotel breakfast, so I usually skip it. They have free coffee in the morning, but again, it's not that great.

The service is hit or miss. I've had wonderful staff who are friendly and courteous, I've had others who stare at me when I enter the building without any kind of greeting. The night staff seems to be more friendly than the day staff.

If you are trying to stay in the area, your choices are really limited. I wouldn't worry too much- there's nothing especially bad about the Country Lodge. It's just your average, run-of-the-mill hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thegreatone3182
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you both for your patronage and your willingness to take time to review your stays with us. I am quickly reminded of our most recent staff meeting where staff themselves were put in charge of reviewing the things we want and need to do so that we are continually meeting the needs of each and every guest.

Our changes in staff reflect our constant attention to excellence and opportunity in staffing. Our people are often the first and last impression a guest will take with them, and to us this is serious, and fun business.

As of June 2014, a plethora of exciting changes are in the works at the Country Lodge including room upgrades, more facility improvements as well as wonderful additions including: new rooms, larger recreation area, additional real estate, larger indoor restaurant and restrooms. We are excited to share our plans, but more-so to share the finished product coming over the next 6-24 months.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Noisy neighbors, the bar down stairs people were loud and shouting, lots of doors slamming. The walls are paper thin, expect to hear everything.

The pool and hot tub were cold. If you like best western you'll like this place. The toilet was dirty when we checked in.

The breakfast had cereal, coffee and fruit. A pretty terrible breakfast considering the price. No gluten free friendly

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam B
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your concerns. Our new 250 person 5 star patio with bar and food service, along with our recently completed indoor pub is certainly a popular place with guests and locals. Hence, we enforce a noise policy to insure our guests will enjoy a peaceful nights rest.

Our free breakfast room includes, waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, several cereal and granola choices along with muffins, pastries and bagels. Our guest services is always available outside of the breakfast room to offer assistance.

Our apologies if you were not notified by guest services regarding any pool and spa change of water. This cleaning process is part of our commitment to excellence and requires 6-8 hours before normal temperatures return.

We are excited to always be planning and completing new construction projects to make Woodland Country Lodge a destination that guests will look forward to enjoying time after time.

We hope you'll consider a stay with us next time you are in the area.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were in town Apr 20/21 for a wedding/party and the Country Lodge was the nearest to the location. We weren't expecting much because Woodland Park is a small town, but we were pleasantly surprised. Nice size rooms, comfortable beds, and free delicious cookies for guests. They had a nice little Pub and patio. While enjoying an late afternoon cocktail, we saw a family of seven (7) deer and a red fox only about 15-20 feet from the patio. Debbie at the front desk was very pleasant. The late night clerk wasn't as friendly when we requested to use a few plates from the breakfast area, but if that's our biggest complaint, then it was a very good stay overall. By the way, the room included a fridge and microwave which was nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your review. We'll look forward to hosting you in the future if you are in the Pike's Peak area. We take each word and comment seriously, and will use your words to improve and maintain a standard of excellence in hospitality.
Denver
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I travel for business.....a lot! I am very picky and demanding in my hotel choices. This place is excellent.

My room was very clean. The view from the outdoor patio/pub was amazing and the food was above average. I will stay here again.

Not sure what the 1 bad review was referencing. I guess every place could have a bad day....sounds to me like a local competitor trying to affect business. Try it yourself. You'll agree it's a great place!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your visit with us at the Woodland Country Lodge. It's funny how offering clean, comfortable rooms along with good food and fun help to build a friends-and-family type of relationship with our guests. We hope to see you soon back here at home away from home! Thanks again for your kind words and patronage.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland Park
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,062 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#44 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins
Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins
#4 of 6 in Woodland Park

Been to Woodland Park Country Lodge? Share your experiences!