“Cabin 1 experience”

Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed in Cabin #1. Be advised that this cabin is along a busy highway which was quite noisy. Also they want to charge extra for each person over 2 in the cabins, with a limit of 4. I felt cheated because our cabin had a pull-out Queen sofa bed and the mattress was so bad that my sons had to sleep on the floor.[My family stayed in the other cabins and they all said their sleeper sofa mattresses were lacking in the same way]. Also the "HOT TUB" they advertise doesn't show the whole picture. It is sitting at the back of the lodge parking lot on a cement slab with a partial fence. No protective building or bath house or even bath robes provided to walk way out there in 30 degree weather. We were thoroughly disappointed because my son's wedding party met there and we all planned to use the hot tub....and it didn't happen. That I feel is falsely advertised. The cabins were clean and service very good; but these three issues above is what you need to be aware of. The cost was inappropriate because my boys ended up on the floor and they didn't have any roll- away extra beds. I work for a fine hotel, and I feel they could have given us a big discount because of all of our inconveniences. Susan Krall, mother of the groom.

Room Tip: Don't depend on the comfort of their sofa beds because the mattresses need replacing. Don't...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 783Susan

Reviewed 7 January 2014

cabin was ok... no ice machine...cabin were right by very busy highway...( we live in the country)..very loud ...not use to all that traffic sound...cabin was very clean.. fully stocked kitchen (dishes/pot/ pans).. bring your own bath stuff... not very good on that...we were in cabin #1

Room Tip: stay in cabin 5...maybe not so loud
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at Eagle Fire Lodge when we were in Woodland Park for a wedding because the other Lodge in the area was completely booked. That turned out to be lucky because our room at Eagle Fire turned out to be much nicer than what we would have gotten there. We needed to check in early and they were able to accommodate that, and we even got a free room upgrade to one of the recently-remodeled King Luxury Suites (see the pictures on the website). I didn't see the other rooms, but this one was very nice. I wish we had planned to stay longer so we could have taken advantage of all the space and the big bathtub. There was an excellent hot breakfast waiting for us (try the breakfast burritos!) and everyone was friendly. We only stayed for one night, but it was clean, quiet, and overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: We recommend the King Luxury Suite. Check out the pictures of it on the website.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic stay for 4 days in Cabin #3. Brand new king bed and the cabin was decorated so tastefully. I never would have believed I was in a motel. The kitchen had a full set of dishes, pots and pans so we didn't have to go out to eat every night. Pikes Peak entrance was just 15 minutes away and Garden of the Gods was 25 minutes away. The staff was very friendly and made us feel right at home.

1  Thank Wendy S
squirtmouse, Public Relations Manager at Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide input on our lodge. We are so happy you were pleased with our facilities, and we look forward to having you visit again sometime soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

....we stayed in cabin 2, and the sofa and chair were terrible to sit in....we were there 3 nights and could not sleep due to the comfort of the mattress...the manager even said it was time to switch it out, that it was 10 years old! Supposedly, there was no availablility to move us any where else...however, I did not insist. TERRIBLE experience. I won't be back. However, unfortunate, since Woodland Park is such a nice area. I will say, everything was very clean. One more complaint - the bathroom is not even big enough to turn around in....if you wear any makeup or dry your hair, you'll barely have enough room to move. Again, the worst mattress I have ever slept on....and I guess the manager really didn't care because I never heard back from her on trying to move us to another room.

Room Tip: I have nothing good to say
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your input about your recent stay at Eagle Fire Lodge. Our manager, Pam, tried diligently to have your mattress replaced during your stay but with it being Labor Day weekend, was unable to schedule the delivery prior to your departure. Cabin #2 now has a brand new Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop. As you might imagine, our Inn was fully booked over Labor Day so we did not have the ability to relocate you to a room that was more suitable for your needs. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your discomfort.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

DO NOT BOOK EAGLE FIRE LODGE!

I wish I could give no star rating this place is so bad! First of all it is not close to a mountain like the picture shows, it is right next to a very very very busy highway! This place is also not kid friendly I booked a 4 person cabin and before I left they tried to tell us we snuck my 1 and 4 year old in and tried to get me to pay extra. When my husband refused the woman started to yell at him outside and said she was going to call the cops! This place is also 45 mins from Colorado Springs. They charged or card without permission for an extra night, after her threatening us we just wanted out! This is the worst hotel experience of my life!
BEWARE RUN VERY FAR FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FlyNGuy

We are so sorry you were not pleased with your experience at Eagle Fire Lodge. I can assure you that the photos on our website have not been doctored in any way. Woodland Park is a mountain town at 8500 feet of elevation, and we have a beautiful view of majestic Pikes Peak visible from our campus as the photos display. We are very proud of our beautiful setting, and we regret you did not feel a sense of connection with our wonderful area.

Our cancellation policies are very clearly listed on our website, and all rates are based on double occupancy. When you reserved on line it was clearly recorded that you were reserving for 2 occupants. We charge $10 for each extra person regardless of age. Had you listed 4 occupants when reserving, the rate quoted would have reflected this charge.

Lastly, we are 18 miles from Interstate 25 in Colorado Springs via 4 lane Highway 24, which is about a 20 minute commute. We hope you found lodging more suitable for your needs, and appreciate the opportunity to respond to your input.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We arrived August 6th to check into our deluxe room for 3 nights. We were greeted like old friends even though it was our first stay here. We were upgraded to a deluxe suite which was indeed deluxe! A beautiful, well equipped suite. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly at all times. We enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing time. Easy on-and-off to Hiway 24 was convenient and Super Markets and Restuarants are nearby! We would have liked to stay longer in this beautiful part of the Country and this lovely town and I'm sure those who have stayed here feel the same way. A great time, with great people, in great accommodations made our vacation a real treat. Thank you Eagle Fire! You're the best!!

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous, spacious and very well eqipped!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland Park
Woodland Park Country Lodge
#1 of 1 in Woodland Park
13 mi away
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Bristlecone Lodge
Bristlecone Lodge
#5 of 6 in Woodland Park
Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast

Been to Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!