“The Best Little Honky Tonk This Side Of Durnago”
Review of Woody Creek Tavern

Woody Creek Tavern
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The food is good. The beer is cold. The decor is... a bit much. The walls are covered with photos of patrons, historic paraphernalia, and original drawings by Austin Kuck.
Situated right between the Rio Grande Trail and the Roaring Fork River and along Lower River Road, there are plenty of ways to get to the tavern. Walk, bike, raft, or drive.

There are newer reviews for Woody Creek Tavern

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have heard of Woody Creek Tavern for several years on our varoius trips to Aspen and Glenwood Springs but never got around to going. It was recommended to us by locals in Glenwood Springs again this year as a great place to grab a meal. The drive from GWS to Woody Creek was scenic, but that was the best part of the adventure. We chose to sit outside on the patio because the weather was so nice. I loved the setting of the tavern and it had a rustic appeal. It is quite the hangout for bike cyclists, so you have to be very careful pulling in and out of parking spots. Our food was just so-so, nothing special. Our server was nice and I have no complaints with the service. The best part of the meal is the pitchers of ice cold water they keep on the table. Over all, glad we went. Can now check it off the list.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Step into Hunter S. Thompson's old stomping grounds. See celebrity photos on the wall. It's a destination but locals hang there too. And that's part of what makes it cool.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

On my drive from Denver to spend a week skiing in Aspen, I stopped to have a bite at the Woody Creek Tavern. If you have not visited the infamous tavern, I suggest you do. It was Hunter S Thompsons hang out in the day. Full of fun, interesting memorabilia from everyone who is or isn't famous, it also dones a good menu, all hours of the day and night. Another must go to.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Since my Townhouse is in Basalt it is most convenient for me to stop by The Woody creek Tavern after Skiing in the winter and as I ride my bike to Aspen in the summer. Always energetic the bar is a great place to sit and talk to whoever has dropped by. The menu combines burgers and Mexican fare like Guacamole and Chips, and Fish Tacos. The servings are always enormous and the wait staff always friendly and helpful My idea of a Colorado tavern.