“Nice place to stay in Yuma”
Review of Nelson Inn

Nelson Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yuma
Nelson Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Yuma B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I spent 3 nights here and then went back the next week for 3 more. Nice, clean and very quiet when I was there.They have a new indoor pool and fitness center across from the office. I did not use it but it looked nice. There are less expensive places in Yuma but this one is reasonable and as far as I am concerned is the nicest in town. I would go back, in fact, I did.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and heard no noise from above.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed for several nights and didn't get a lot of sleep. The walls are paper thin. Bring your ear plugs and you might get to sleep. The breakfast is filling and plentiful and the hotel is very clean. Hotel employees are very polite. They also have a fabulous indoor pool and 2 hot tubs. Very clean and nice size.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor. Ask for 2nd floor and an end room. May cut down on noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PattyJean33706
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. For what I needed this works. and given the price, I would stay here again.
The room was basic. The bathroom was small, but clean. The breakfast bar was small. They had some bagels in bags that you could toast, some muffins and sweet breads to choose from and a crock pot with gravy for biscuits.
Given the options to choose from, this looks like the best choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank relax77
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Its the newest place in Yuma CO but not necessarily the nicest. Check in was friendly and quick. The lobby smelled of disinfectant. So was not a great first impression. The room was neat and clean. The bathroom was basic, but the hair dryer didn't work and the drain in the tub and sink were very very slow. I wanted too use the hot tub, but it was located outside adjacent to the front door and next to a dirt parking lot. Not the place to be in your bathing suit in the winter. The continental breakfast was adequate and included biscuits and gravy. All very average. Not sure if I would choose this as a stopping place in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Nelson Inn was a decent, pet-friendly hotel room in a small town. Our room was comfortable. We were excited to try out the hot tub, however the location was terrible! It is right out the front door and next to the parking lot. There is no privacy. They really should move the hot tub to the back side of the property.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly D
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed here for one night in April, the hotel was generally good and clean, the breakfast fairly good too with good choice. The room was a decent size, clean and comfortable. The hotel was very quiet and never saw any other guests, it was though we were the only ones there. This was good though as it meant a nice quiet nights sleep and full choice of breakfast items.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed at the Nelson Inn in June 2012. The motel is fairly new but showing signs of lack of care, both in maintenance and at the front desk. The young man at the desk was on his cell phone the entire time he was checking me in. The magnetic key card he gave me didn't work, I had to go back to the desk to get a replacement and got no apology, not even an 'oops'. As for the room, it was large and had a comfortable bed. However, the toilet wouldn't flush unless I held the handle down until the tank emptied, the exhaust fan sounded like it's bearings were going out, the knob to control the A/C was broken, and various wiring was hanging out of an open junction box in the wall by the TV. When I told the fellow at the desk about these problems his disinterest was palpable. I'm used to encountering maintenance issues in the small non-chain motels in eastern Colorado, but they're much easier to accept when the room is priced in the $40's, as most of them are. The Nelson Inn was about double that.

Room Tip: The Harvest Motel in Yuma is comparable but cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Been to Nelson Inn? Share your experiences!