“Unusual and funky”
Review of Potager Garden

Potager Garden
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a find! Interesting little potager gardens to walk and play area for children and a great little 'greenhouse' type restaurant serving home made goodies. Well worth a visit!

2  Thank Phoenix029

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Another special place to add to my favourites!
Super vibrant and friendly team of staff, veggie breakfast was delicious and coffee great, lovely fine ingredients, presentation and price. I'd put this in the upper echelons for goodness for breakfast and will be back again! Hammocks in the garden, beautiful setting, quiet, in nature, place to relax, and listen to the birdsong. Adds to the magic of spring time here in Cornwall, close to Helford Passage too.

2  Thank Paul V
Reviewed 1 October 2013

as above really. the staff in the café had quite a snotty air to them. I ate a rather bizarre risotto with a strange combination of ingredients. we found it all a bit gentile and precious. a lovely setting though with quite steep prices, but maybe they have to overprice to make up for being closed in the winter.

1  Thank paul g
Mark H, Owner at Potager Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hello Paul G, I'm glad you enjoyed the garden but do hope you haven't written of our cooking based on one dish from the menu. Around 90% of our ingredients are organic, many are locally sourced and everything is freshly prepared in the kitchen at Potager. Our prices reflect this but I still believe we offer good value. I'd be very happy to discuss this with you should you choose to visit again.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Really interesting food, great gardens. We find that shoulder seasons are also great. Food is all simple and fresh. Can be a little challenging to find. Service .... well friendly like you expect in a family kitchen.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I took some friends who were visiting here for coffee and cakes - I hadn't been before but am local to the area, and am always up for trying new places. The setting is lovely, with the cafe in a light airy greenhouse. However it felt very 'locals only' - in fact as we walked in someone muttered 'oooh, proper customers!'. The cake was very nice and the staff were polite, but not particularly friendly, whereas they seemed to be having a good chat and offering sweets to everyone else who came in.
I'm not after their sweets, but we did feel a bit out of place! A bit of small talk and friendliness is always welcome. Every new customer has the potential to become a regular, but I'm not sure I'd go back if I feel like I'm gate-crashing a private party!

5  Thank farnsbarnes
Mark H, Owner at Potager Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hi farnsbarnes. Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry you didn't feel immediately welcome when you visited. We certainly didn't mean to cause any offence. You caught us right at the start of the season and after being closed for a couple of months over winter we're sometimes a bit surprised to see new customers. Many of our regular customers have become friends but we're certainly not 'locals only' - I do hope you'll visit again and see that Potager's enjoyed by a real mixture of visitors of all ages and from far and wide.