“Home Away!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Berlin
Hartford
“Home Away!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I first discovered Days Inn a couple of years ago, when I needed some down time. (Adult children living at home with THEIR babies!!). I went on line, found a coupon and checked in for a weekend. I've been going with increasing regularity since then. I now also take one of the grands with me, who absolutely LOVES the experience...with the exception of the channels. If the Disney channel were on the line up it would be the perfect place for her...and if even ONE of the cooking channels was available the hotel would get ALL the stars! My only other comment is regarding the coupons. While they clearly DO NOT state weekends excluded, at least every other time I've gone, I've been told I can't use it. The last time, I was simply going to leave and go down the turnpike a short way, when I was informed, as a regular customer, it would be honored 'this' time. Unfortunately, that does not bode well for my next visit, but we will see.
I really do like staying there but don't want to go through the coupon discussion every single time. If I were manager, I would ensure whenever a return customer arrived, my front desk staff would be instructed to lose the 'can't honor the coupon on a Friday or Saturday because the manager said so' speech!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank A P H
cigar2316, General Manager at Days Inn Berlin Meriden, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. We will continue to work hard to make sure any future stays you have with us are as good or even better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2012

On New Years eve my husband and I went to Berlin CT to visit family. The best price on a hotel in that area was the Days Inn,and it was pretty nice for the price! The rooms were very clean and the front desk person was very friendly. The only complaint I have is the breakfast, there was very few things left to eat,but the coffee was hot! Last time I was in the area we stayed at the Best Western down the street and it was much more expensive. When we go again we will stay at the Days Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a nice patio,upstairs rooms do not
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura1117
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The host did their best but you get what you pay for and this is definately budget.

• Stayed November 2011
vermont
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We've stayed here before and always feel comfortable. The price is right, the location is convenient to our friends and family in the area, and the rooms are clean. The staff at the front desk are very friendly (Don - the manager always has a good story to tell), the other staff personnel look busy except for the GM/owner? who just seems to walk around giving orders. The breakfast is adequate but limited and served in a nice open area near the lobby. Plenty of restaurants and chains just north of the Inn on the Berlin Turnpike - Ruby tuesdays was our favorite this time. Good enough for us to come back again next year.

Room Tip: Pets and smokers seem welcome at the Inn. Make sure your room is non smoking and cleaned after pets...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The service was good.
But the hotel desperately needs renovation. The room was smelly.
The lock in the room's door was not in order and it took a lot of time to set it.
Definitely I'll not be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 12 September 2011

the hotel was clean and had a bare, impersonal feeling. nothing for it, nothing against it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ossining
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I went to this motel for a 2-night getaway. I chose it because it was about 100 miles from my home, and was also checking out a place to stay on longer trips to and from Maine/New Hampshire. It was a lovely stay for both purposes. The hotel staff were very friendly and informative, but not intrusive. Upon arriving, the host suggested a change of room to the first floor might be more comfortable for me, and he turned out to be right. I would not have thought of this myself and appreciated the tip. The staff were helpful in giving me directions to places in nearby towns. The room itself had everything in order and was very comfortable-I slept very well. Unfortunately, it rained for the 2 days I was there and I could not use the pool, nor was it weather to go out in. However, the hotel has a lovely lounge area right next to the breakfast area with comfortable sofas, books, public computer and newspapers. So, I was not room bound. Also, the breakfast kitchenette area was available 24 hours to use microwaving meals or snacks. A nearby restaurant will deliver meals, the takeout menus are placed on a tablein the lobby.
All in all this is a comfortable motel and a good value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Cyndy265
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden

Been to Days Inn Berlin Meriden? Share your experiences!