“Nice but...”

Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a nice best western, above average room quality. Only real issue was with my room keys failing every two days (I stay in hotels over 100 nights per year, I know phones etc can erase them), second issue was with getting coffee packets in room. 7 out of 11 days they didn't leave fresh packets in the room. I specifically pointed this out to the front desk starting on day 2. Not surprising I once again had to go down and get packets on my last night. Not a big deal just a pain after asking and reminding 6 times out of 11 nights.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Gary D, General Manager at Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay but will certainly work with our team to rectify the issues that made your stay less than 100% perfect. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was really nice. It was clean and the staff were really helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I visit the area. When we needed towels and asked at the front desk, the lady at the desk went and got towels and gave them to us in a new laundry bag. They were still warm so that was nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you find our hotel to be clean and comfortable and our staff to be helpful! We certainly hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The pool was so cloudy and the chemicals were overbearing. My family's eyes and skin were burning and we had to get out. The breakfast was also not as good as other Best Western's that we have stayed in. I was disappointed to find out there was no hot tub and the fitness center seemed like you were in a closet. Amenities were just not up to par compared to other Best Westerns I have stayed in. Also the sound on the TV was not always working properly. Most disappointing was the pool.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend for a family.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not perfect and will certainly investigate the issues that you experienced to rectify them. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

the towels, the linens,the room were all clean. The bed was super comfy, and roomy. the lights were adequate. the room had a microwave, mini fridge and coffee pot. the a/c was cold. The room was big , had a couch and a chair and a desk and a chair and a coffee table .. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay finding our hotel to be comfortable and that you would recommend it to anyone! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Looks nice on the outside but don't go in the pool, and wear your shoes in the room. Be careful of wobbly toilet seat and wake up in the middle of the night to a screaming match outside. The night stands had some kind of goop on them, the comforter was stained, the carpet was stained. I've stayed in Best Western before in VT and FL and had a nice experience, but I would not reccomend Berlin, CT.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gary D, Manager at Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We are sorry to hear about your stay and review which is in stark contrast to much of our other guests' feedback. We will certainly not take your comments lightly and will work to ensure that other guests do not have such an experience. Thank you for staying with us and your feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was on a one night business trip and have always had a good experience at any Best Western I've stayed at. Had not stayed at this one before but it was close to where my meeting was to be held. I found the following: a friendly Staff, Nice clean comfortable room. good breakfast selection..I did not use the pool or the gym but I'm sure it would have been fine. I would highly recommend this one if you're in the area..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gary D, General Manager at Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us for your recent business trip. We strive to offer a satisfying experience to all of our guests, whether traveling on business or leisure and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past few years and I have never had a problem. I am always met with a friendly smile and sometimes a cookie or two. Rooms are very clean and the hotel smells fresh and clean. Love the pool

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us over the years. We are glad you have enjoyed our hotel each time and we look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#2 of 4 in Cromwell
Days Inn Berlin Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!