“A Sanctuary!”
Review of The Puncak

The Puncak
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Batu Layar
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Although Sengigi is not yet as busy as Bali, but finding the Puncak and staying there for 7days was worth it. The place is on top of the hill away from the noise of the main road. Staying at the Puncak was a Sanctuary with the modern conveniences :). My husband and I loved the rooms especially the personal touch the owner and the staff puts up upon your arrival. We love every minute of our stay there. Truly appreciate how the staff are accommodating and helpful whenever I ask what and where is the best traditional Lombok food to try.

Room Tip: The room that we stayed in is very nice, the second to the last room 'Sky Glitter" - its qu...
1  Thank Life_40

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband & I have just returned from 9 amazing nights at "The Puncak" .... We absolutely loved every moment of our stay. Thankyou Jean-Paul, Nury & all the amazing staff for creating such a beautiful retreat.

1  Thank Lisajane1971
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I from london and traveled to Bali and lombok in October 2013. The owner was very accommodating and the whole experience is first class... its a real gem of a place.
food is super, views stunning. We loved it. The PUNCAK rocks!

Darren & Maria Markham?

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wow. We were speechless when we arrived at The Puncak and stepped foot onto the terrace level with the rooms and the infinity pools overlooking Senggigi and Gunung Agung on the island of Bali. The views are breathtaking. You really have stepped into a place of tranquillity when you have arrived at The Puncak. The photos you see here are impressive but I promise you it is 10x better in person!

The rooms are fabulous, generous in size and well equipped. The greeting letter and romantic flowers upon arriving were a great personal touch by Jean-Paul and Nury. The rooms have been orientated to make the most of the amazing views, from your bed you wake up to views over Senggigi which is very hard to beat.

We were unfortunately delayed by 1 week due to the Sangeang Api volcano eruption, Jean-Paul and Nury were only too happy to accommodate us a week later. As it turned out we had the absolute pleasure of staying at The Puncak by ourselves for 4 magical days of the 7 we stayed. It was like a private hotel, so peaceful and relaxing. Even when other guests arrived our experience still felt intimate and personal.

The staff are an absolute standout and special thanks goes to Gede, Erwin and Angela for making our stay memorable. Gede was only too happy to teach us some Indonesian terms during our stay and we enjoyed practising these each day with the staff. They are very attentive and friendly and made our stay very enjoyable. Jean-Paul and Nury were also very personable and we enjoyed many candid conversations during our stay.

The food we found to be fantastic. Nury is the headchef and has mastered the international menu. The serving sizes are very generous, you will not go hungry here. Breakfast is like having a buffet on your table per person.

All in all, we can confidentially say this is the most amazing hotel we have ever stayed in. From the location, layout, pools, views, staff and food; everything was just perfect. We highly recommend it and look forward to returning to The Puncak hotel again next year.

James & Jodie

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms. The views from each are equal. No matter which room you get you will not be...
1  Thank JamesNowill
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Me and my husband are just packing to leave after a 4 night stay at the puncak. The only negative I have from our whole stay here is that we have to leave, we have fallen in love with this boutique establishment! The rooms are beautiful and chic without being ostentatious which I love... And spotlessly clean. The staff are so attentive polite and friendly and the views are spectacular. I had read reviews on here prior to coming and noted people said it was a way out from senggigi... Well that Is what makes this place so special. It costs a mere $2 to get to sengigi in a taxi which the hotel staff order or you can hire a moped like we did and get around easy! Located up on the hill is what makes this place so great, you are away from the hustle and bustle in a perfect tranquil spot to relax and unwind and the photos do not do the view justice at all it's simply breathtaking. But my favourite part of my stay was the attention to detail and personal touches. Every night the staff bring you a yummy mocktail just as the sun is setting and light lanterns and candles through the hotel, the breakfasts are amazing and include something for everyone and every day you will notice fresh fruit and new flowers on your table. We celebrated my husbands 30th while we were here and decided to eat at the hotel and the food was just amazing plus the owners jean-Paul and Nouri brought my husband a birthday cake. I feel like I have written an essay but it's because I could not recommend this place enough, love it!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Fifigibbs
Reviewed 3 June 2014

1) amazing view of senggigi ...especially 6pm...
2) nice design of the rooms
3) very friendly owner, I can see that he hopes the guests can really enjoy
4) super caring hotel, inside the room, you can find lots of stuff e.g. Plaster, different medicines, etc.
5) unique boutique hotel with its own characters and rules
6) definitely, it is good place for honeymoon as well
7) cheap, Around USD 170.. Villa with private pool

Hmm.. The presentation of the food is nice but the quality of food was just average. You might do something to improve this..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TVC1212
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have nothing bad or negative to say about this place. It is AWESOME!!

Even before we arrived, the way the owners replied to my email, I could tell that they have put in a lot of effort to make the Puncak perfect. If there was a stronger word than perfect, I would use it!

From the time we arrived, we experienced the best hospitality in my entire life (and I travel almost every month). The rooms were perfectly clean and extremely comfortable, there was even a handwritten note by the owner Jean-Paul himelf and his wife. The hotel is focused on being environmentally friendly and organic, which is really awesome especially in the food. BEST MEALS EVER, served right outside your room. You have to order in advanced though, because they put in a lot of effort and love into preparing each meal, so it takes time. The views from the rooms are simply breathtaking, as the entire compound only has 5 rooms, the pool is practically like a private pool. The staff are super attentive to your needs, although you hardly see them (its like magic, really). Jean-Paul even dropped by on our last night to check on us, which is really nice of him. This place is perfect for healing, to get away from city noise, and its really really relaxing, we wished we could have stayed longer.

This is by far the best getaway we've ever had, and definitely would never be our last stay in the Puncak. Kudos to the owners and the staff for creating, designing and building this heaven in Lombok, we appreciate ALL the details (from the marble on the wall, to the comfy bedsheets, to the fresh flowers in the room and at every meal, the FOOD which is THE BEST OMG, and the list goes onnnn hehehehe). Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
The Oberoi, Lombok
The Oberoi, Lombok
#2 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Hotel & Resort

Been to The Puncak? Share your experiences!