“appaling.”
Review of Branford Motel

Branford Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Reviewed 1 April 2012

the photo listed here is not the actual property, that is holiday inn express which strangely is owned by the same group, most of the guests here are live ins, it seems apparent that prostitution and drug activity are a norm here. i then found out that within the past 8 days 4 dead bodies turned up in the hotel, one was a small infant! the rooms are dirty, the walls paper thin. i found a broken crack pipe on my floor and roach traps not only under but in the bed. there were also definite signs of bed bugs. when i complained kenny told me that they didnt need my service and that i could leave but would certainly not be refunded. entirely unethical to the customer. they don't try to work with you nor do they solve any issues. this place should be shut down. absolutly disgusted that i even stepped foot in this place. what a joke!

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE! SAVE YOUR MONEY! if staying in the area and looking for a quality budget hotel try d...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank lillypadcoutute

Reviewed 25 January 2012

During my stay my family got infested with bed bugs and we found many other bugs inthe room upon taking our mattress and box spring outside we told the worker named Kenny and the room service about the problem.needless to say we never got a new bed or box spring.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank ihatebranfordmotel
Reviewed 29 September 2009

This place is known to at least some locals as "Bubbles and Cuddles". We stayed not knowing better, and not being able to find any other place in town anyhow. Amazingly, we had generally speaking a comfortable and restful stay. Had a very large and comfortable hot tub in the room. The large room turned out to be very clean, but did need some airing out. However, the reading lights over the bed were missing bulbs, there wasn't any TV remote, and the front desk didn't have either bulbs or remote. (Maybe the usual clientel doesn't do much reading in bed.) Plus only one of the faucets for the hot tub had a handle. Needed to remove the handle from that faucet and screw it onto the other in order to control both hot and cold water. The bed was very clean and quite comfortable. The room was relatively quite, I've stayed in more expensive hotels where the walls were far thinner. There was however a 1/2 hour sometime around 3AM when all hell broke loose in the room upstairs, truly impressive. Probably a late night return from a wedding party. A Subway restaurant was basically located on the hotel grounds.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RedFoxNewEngland
Reviewed 22 June 2007

I had to pass by one night so when I became tired I stopped in this motel It was ok.

I will not stay there again only if I had to, I asked for a room and I was not asked if I want smoking or non smoking, (which I forgot to ask) and my room was stinking from smoke, all my clothing stayed with the smell until I washed it, and the room was pretty old there were patches on the wall and the sealing.

Overall--
Room was good but needs refreshing, good for a little overnight stay.
But the price was reasonable.

I did not take any photos.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank ok-im-ok