“nice happy hour spot”

USS Chowder Pot III
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Branford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For 36 years our customers have enjoyed award winning seafood, slow roasted prime rib and USDA Choice steak. Chowder Pot III has two large dining rooms and a very popular Captain's Lounge featuring a raw bar. Happy Hour Mon-Fri, 3:30p-6p Pick out your own live lobster from our tanks from 1-15 lbs.!
Branford, Connecticut
“nice happy hour spot”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Appetizers at half price, inexpensive drinks, and an early start for happy hour. Terrific service. Can't ask for more. I believe that they even have free nibbles Fridays 3-5, but it tends to get a bit more crowded if you prefer peace and quiet, so it's a Mon-Thu occasional stop for me.

Visited July 2014

Plainview, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On the way home from Nantucket”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Have seen the sign for this restaurant forever. A pleasant experience. Great lobster roll. Great pricing. Good service. Enjoyed lunch. Will go back.

Inman, South Carolina
“This could have been a "Very Good". It was soo close.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went here for a late lunch with a co-worker. I ordered a lobster bisque with a peppercorn salad and the Lazy Man Lobster casserole. I never received my Lobster Bisque which was upsetting since I love a good Lobster Bisque. I did tell the waitress (bartender) I never received it as I was paying the bill and I was being charged for it. She apologized and took it off the bill.

The casserole was fantastic with lots of lobster meat and a very good seafood stuffing they put in there, the peppercorn salad was average. The baked potato that I ordered with the casserole was cooked well, but it only came with cream cheese in a plastic container.

My colleague wanted to sit at the bar, I would have preferred to sit in the dining area, but that's no the restaurants fault. But the bar area was nice and not busy at all. Which makes me wonder how you forget about my soup? *sigh*

I would recommend this location to others and I plan on going back to have a better experience.

• Visited July 2014
Cobleskill, New York
“Shellfish heaven”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a great restaurant for seafood and shellfish.

Unfortunately, I visited with three people who can't/don't eat shellfish (allergies) and a vegetarian who doesn't like fish.

This was, for obvious reasons, limiting. There were only a few items on the menu we could order, but I have to admit they were delicious - the scrod and the coconut-encrusted tilapia. Our vegetarian was able to get the lobster mac and cheese without the lobster, and it was really excellent. They were very accommodating and understanding about dietary limitations - the only complain might be that the menu could offer a few more choices of things not stuffed with crabmeat etc. - but if you go to a seafood restaurant, I guess you have to expect that!

The meal - which was enormous (we have containers in the fridge waiting for us to finish them) - came with delicious bread with honey butter drizzled over the top and a choice of two sides. We all chose salads, and got perfectly serviceable old-school salads with interesting dressings.

Would definitely return, hopefully with someone who can enjoy more of the menu.

Visited July 2014
Ridgewood, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,694 helpful votes
“Nearly full at lunch on a weekday”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were impressed with how full this restaurant was on a recent weekday at lunchtime. The waitress was super-nice and efficient. The clam chowder was only average, but the lobster dishes we ordered were quite tasty, with plenty of lobster. Easy on-off to/from I-95. Prices are reasonable and there is a large free parking lot at the front door. They also have a big outdoor dining patio which inexplicably was not being used on the fine summer day we were there.

• Visited July 2014