“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Kenora, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was somewhat skeptical about staying at this hotel based on recent reviews but I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. For an economy hotel, the room was spotless and well maintained. I couldn't detect any odor--smoke or otherwise--that other people complained about. Connie, the hotel receptionist, was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area. It's an excellent value!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights because of an unplanned trip for a family emergency. Yep, it was cheap, but you get what you pay for! The room was super musty smelling, kind of an 'eau de cat pee' scent. The polyester comforter had cigarette burn holes in it. There were various rooms where I think people were staying for an extended length of time, so doors were propped open like it was a dorm building. People also put bags of garbage out in the hall way, not sure what was up with that!

The woman who ran the front desk was super sweet and kind, though. That was a positive. Oh, and the vending machine sells condoms, so you're set for any unplanned sex that may occur!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Alicia67
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I booked here based off of reviews, I'm a smoker so the smoke smell I thought wouldn't bother me, the pet policy is attractive but my problem derives from a prebooking of this room & in the room description on line it said if I booked in advance I'd get a $35.99 rate & free Internet access. Uppon arrival I was rudely told that that rate wouldn't be honored, they then asked me if I wanted Internet I said what online it said it was included! I was told they did not participate in corporate adds! So beware, Motel6's aren't all the same! The 1 in Virgina I stayed at the night b4 was must more of a value & the bed was much much more comfortable for $29.99

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ThisGuy20
Lancaster, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed here with my family for a single overnight stay while returning from a vacation. This Motel 6 was exactly what I expected. A good simple place at a good value. The internet and airconditioning worked fine. The room was non smoking and did not smell bad. There was coffee in the morning. No Problems.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

There might not be a pool, blow dryer, iron, coffee maker, micro, fridge, or even a clothes closet or a bureau. But if you are like us....out and about, getting in late, crashing for the night, then getting up early to do it all again....we found that we really didn't need to pay another $50. more for a place that did. The best part of all are the beds...super comfortable, and I am REALLY picky about that.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Clinton Corners, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed on business, it was fairly priced ($59 after tax), clean and very convenient to the highway (I-95). Would stay again if I had to be back in the area.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jlg72085
branford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

i love this place stayed full 28 days and everyone took great care of us there were 3 people and 2 small dogs and no charge for pets staff is friendly and helpful they go out of their way to make you feel welcome the cleaning ladies did so well and accomadated us with whatever we needed especially jody the head housekeeper was excellent to all of us very friendly and rooms were immaculate beds were so comfortable no problem with taking dogs in and out always gave us bottom floor near exit door

Room Tip: you will feel welcome here they do everything to help you