“Decent value”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Very clean room, comfortable bed. Had issues with the wi-fi which was frustrating, they should invest in a better router or signal booster. Convenient location off highway yet room was quiet. Heater was rather loud. The owner was extremely nice and pleasant. If having the most modern amenities is important to you, this is not the place for you, but in terms of cleanliness, this place is top notch. Bonus was having the refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Others have commented on the non-smoking rooms not being available - I had no problem getting one an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Melissa R
Mahendra M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the WIFI. Since you have been to our property, we have installed a special WIFI booster and router that has taken care of all the issues. We do hope you come back to see us again. We also updated our TV's to HD LED flatscreens...we are sure you will love them! Safe travels!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

There was a bed and plumbing TV and that was about it. Reception was less than -- Thanks very much for being our guest. Multiple times the WIFI was down and had to request reboot from office. And I believe it was shut down during the night.
Clean and neat room though I do suggest having hand wipes available as the TV remote needed to me de slimed. Toilet was not of low volume flush capacity which in this day in age it should be.
Over all a less than fine place to stay but what do you want for such an inexpensive cost.
Will look for something a little better next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless low price is your need
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

We are sorry that you did not find our rooms to your liking...we have clean, quality rooms and are very proud of our housekeeping team (as noted in all of our other reviews). Since you visited, we have corrected the WIFI situation with proper booster and router and now everything is running great. We have just ordered our new contemporary bedding and are always updating to better standards.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Because of my job as a disaster relief worker I go through periods where I spend a lot of time away from home. Finding a hotel that is willing to work with your crazy schedule and isn't trying to take advantage of a time when people are in need is believe it or not difficult. The owner and his staff of this Americas Best gets my 5 star rating.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words, we are always trying to accommodate our guests schedules and situations. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you remember us when you are back in the area!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have not actually stayed here but I apparently had reservations that were no where to be found. I then found the charge of this hotel on my credit card after the weekend was up and now could not get a refund. Spoke to the hotel and my booking agency that could not tell me prior to the weekend that I had reservation so I booked somewhere else, now they want to keep my money. After contacting the reservation line and dealing with the customer service I still can not get a refund because they leave up to the hotel itself. The Manager Patel says according to the booking.com I made reservations but doing more investigation I still could not find where it shows I made them so to me I got ripped off. I would never recommend or look at another chain fo American's Best Value Inn!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sheryl O

This was a reservation made during the past ownership and we are not clear on exactly what happened. We are hoping you come by and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

My son and I recently went to Mass for a motorcycle race and came home through RI and CT. Had no reservations but looked up motels on the Garmin. This establishment had rooms available at a very reasonable rate so gave it a try. The gentlemen at the front desk was very pleasant and the room was the cleaniest I've stayed in for quite a while, cleaner than most hotel/motels who are much higher priced. I definitely give this 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Second time I stayed here. The first time I tolerated it. This time we had a smoking room, ugh. Everything stunk. Cigarette burns on the blanket, toe nail clippings on the rug and the toilet overflowed. I had to mop it up with the thin towels we had. The TV was satellite and only got about 4 channels. No I will not be going back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I only stayed one night but the owners were friendly, the room was clean & quiet. It was a hot day & the AC kept the room cool but not like ice. Bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Tower Inn & Suites
Tower Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Guilford

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!