“great place to stay very friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Branford, Connecticut
“great place to stay very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

great place to stay for the money owner is very hellpful small hotel so you feel like it is home i am a contstruction worker and i stay on the road all the timeand this feels like home to me i would recamend this to any one who travels

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dipak P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share a review about our motel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean, affordable rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Regards,
Dipak-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Branford, CT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

This place was clean, friendly, and quiet. I would recommend this motel anytime to anyone. If I am to travel from boston to new york ever again on the dreaded I-95, even with my family, I would stop at this motel. It is not a big hotel but the way this place competes is in price and cleanliness. Business or Pleasure stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing a review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay. We appreciate your patronage.
We look forward to seeing you again or at one of other Americas Best Value Inn's located across the Country.

Regards,
Dipak-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Branford, CT
RI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

I had a bad taste in my mouth from the moment I stepped out of the front office at this motel. The staff member/owner who checked me in was talking on the phone with her friend the entire time, and then AFTER having me pay told me that she did not have a non-smoking king room for me and that she instead gave me a double bed room. She then topped it off by telling me to only use one of the beds! I will say that I had forgotten to specially request a non-smoking room when filling out the reservation online the night before, but I should warn you that the process of booking off the company website is a bit odd and unclear in the first place. Rooms are not specified as either smoking or non-smoking.; you have to specially request non-smoking in the reservation form but, even if you DO, you are not actually GUARANTEED that you will get what you request because the website gives no indication as to whether or not that type of room is actually available. HOWEVER, realizing the next morning that I did not mention this important detail in my request, I actually called ahead (hours before my arrival) to make sure I could get a king non-smoking, and what is really the worst part of this whole situation is that she told me it was all set. So, even before I got to the place, I was already being slighted because I was essentially lied to!

So, here I am stuck with a room I did not want. I would have gotten over it quickly, but to damper the situation even more the room and bathroom were extremely outdated and unappealing. Depressing, really. This makes me wonder because the manager posted on this review site saying that the décor, paint, and wallpaper had been recently updated. (This was actually one of the reasons I thought this place might be a safe choice.) Our "bed of choice" had MULTIPLE body hairs on the sheets...Not wanting to make a big fuss, I had to clean them off with a travel size lint remover I keep in my purse. The sheets - mainly the pillowcases- were worn and old looking. There was no iron to help me with the wrinkly jeans I ended up having to wear out that evening. No laundry bag to maintain dirty clothes. Two towels were provided, and when my boyfriend went to the front desk to ask for more, she said all she could give was ONE more. (Remember - this was a double bed room too - A FAMILY-size room stocked with two towels!) Also, the towels that we did have had a few body hairs on them as well, not to mention being tiny and rough on the skin. I should also disclose that I had to reuse my towels the next morning because of their stinginess and outright lack of guest care. It’s not that I don’t believe in reusing towels – I’m not a spoiled brat – but it is the principle that I had NO other choice and that I was paying them my hard-earned money while they couldn’t even do their job and honor such a simple request! To continue, the blowdryer DID NOT WORK, so now I not only had to wear wrinkly jeans out that night but also unappealing wet hair! Only two tiny bars of soap were provided (no hair products or lotion). Walking on the bathroom floor was like walking on ice, and it was still freezing cold even when you turned on the ancient floor heater. And, to finally conclude, the motel’s central location is not worth it because all you hear is traffic all night and all through the morning.

To be fair, the room did not smell funny, the bed was decently comfortable, the heating worked, and we did have Direct TV. Although we did not use them, there was a refrigerator and microwave. The shower pressure was good, which made that especially hideous looking area (the bathroom) at least a bit more easy to bare. Even though the lighting fixtures were likewise circa 1980, there was a lot of lighting in the room. And aside from the fact that somebody’s hair was all over the bed sheets, the space was otherwise decently clean. Other than these few fulfilled necessities/expectations, our stay at this motel overall was awful. We could have spent a few dollars more and gone somewhere else where we might actually get professional service (and TOWELS!!) and a more upbeat looking room. Perhaps the king rooms are much better (judging by the online pictures those rooms looked fine and that’s why I chose the motel in the first place) but clearly I would not know because I was SNEAKILY demoted to a room that I did not want nor did I reserve. I wish the rep. would have told me when I called because I would have gone elsewhere (and raised hell if she tried to charge me)! A customer has a right to choose how he or she spends his or her money, and people in this business should realize they are dealing with people and not just credit card numbers.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2007

We were not thrilled with our stay at this motel. The location is right on a four-way intersection and on a Saturday night the traffic was loud and steady until 3 a.m.

Room was not attractive and there were no amenities.

We would not stay here again.

• Liked — room was clean
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
mdp02002, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2009
We understand that we are on a busy intersection, but that is the convenience of our property. Easily accessible and walking distance to restaurants & a large grocery store. Also to up the decor of the rooms we have currently replaced furniture, painted, and put in new wall paper in all of the rooms. Cleanliness is something we strive to deliver. Thank you.
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2006

Very clean and comfortable. very friendly family run operation. Great value and much cleaner than some of the higher priced places in the area.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank rdpatel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven
#1 of 3 in Guilford
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!