“Sunday Surprise”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sunday Surprise”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Over the July 4th weekend, My parents, girlfriend and I planned to go on the boat tour of the Thimble islands. The line was long and we had heard that there was a brewery right by the dock, so we decided to look for the brewery. Our smart phones brought up Thimble Islands Brewing. Even though it wasn't right by the dock for the boat, it was close by. By chance, we arrived right at the 12:00 opening and were the first people to start the beer tasting for the day. Three other groups came in shortly after us, but we still chatted with the man behind the bar, who was knowledgeable and happy to talk. We got to hear about Star Trek, comic books and beer. We also chatted with a couple that arrived shortly after us, who were also originally from the Midwest. They let us know that there were really three boats that took folks on tours and encouraged us to head back for the tour - which we did after the tasting. All in all a great experience. Decent pours of good beer. My girlfriend like the Coffee Stout best, but my dad and I thought the American Ale was our favorite. We were happy with the experience and will search out the beer in New Haven bars.

Visited July 2014