“AWESOME”

Pepe & Rose Pizzeria
Ranked #63 of 148 Restaurants in Branford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

There is not one bad item on this menu. From pizzas to entrees to subs to wrap. Amato has a great personality and makes the experience one to remember

1  Thank Edward E

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is our "go to" place when we want something nice without breaking the bank. I have never gotten a bad meal and mostly they were outstanding, We always get treated like we are special, and we also order their pizza for take out all the time. The fried ravioli app was to die for, I wanted to lick the plate! nice background music always on also.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had been a frequent customer of Pepe & Rose until last night. I ordered my usual take out and when I got home discovered that instead of the sloppy lasagna I was given ziti. I called the store to let them know. Instead I was put on hold for 5 minutes and ignored. I called back and asked to speak to the manager. I was told that there was no manager and to hold. The phone was picked up by "Rose" one of the owners.
I explained that I was given ziti instead of lasagna. She stated that the ziti is sloppy lasagna. I told her that I have ordered this several times in the past and this is not what I was given. (lasagna requires lasagna noodles otherwise it would be called sloppy ziti)
She then proceeded to tell me I am a liar and that she doesn't need customers. I actually have a recording of the whole conversation as it was simply mind blowing. She then hung up on me.
I proceeded to call back and told her that her atittude was simply unbelievable. I have been in the restaurant business myself for close to 20 years and to treat anyone the way she did was wrong. She then state that she does not need Jews like me coming to her restaurant.
Her last statement floored me the most as she has no clue on my faith and should not be making racist statements as such.
My best guess is this is a restaurant getting ready to go out of business and they simply don't care.

2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Very good pizza. Fresh ingredients. Delicious sauce. Delivery is fast. Everything is great except the price...about 15-20% higher than their competition....but pizza has gone up everywhere...it was once a cheap alternative to cooking at home...now it has become a treat or special occasion meal.

1  Thank Veritas01
Reviewed 7 January 2011

My fiance and I went for dinner on New Year's Eve. We wanted something casual and low key and were in the mood for pizza. It was fabulous!!! This was my second time there and the first time was just as good. The pizza margherita is amazing!!! Also, the place is really cute and the staff are really nice and accomodating. We will definitely go back.