“Not what we expected”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Waterbury
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Morning, We have stayed at many a Days Inn. Ninety Nine percent of them being wonderful!! We book by Wyndham rewards, until now, getting superior accommodations. This trip on Sept. 21, 2013, was used for guests of Wedding. The Harris/ Hunsinger Wedding guests occupied over ten rooms. Some of the problems experienced, starting with my room was to be non-smoking ! SUPER SMELL of old cigarette smoking!, no waste basket..at all in the room. problems with keycard working. Random people, who I do not believe were guests roaming in parking lot after 10 pm. One sons room was totally DIRTY, right down to UNCLEANED toilet! Yes, they did move him to another room for second night. Another son, checked in, went to room, only to have cardkey NOT work..three cards later and finally assistance from staff, he was able to enter room...SOMEONE ELSE'S belongings were already there! guess room was double booked?, moved him to another room far in the back..away from rest of family. Another family member came back to room approx. 11pm., only to find someone entering their room ..WITH KEY ..double booked again??. PLEASE NOTE: Front desk staff was very friendly and tried to correct issues !!.
Yes, this Days Inn is located right off I-95, shares a parking lot with a food and bar..open till 2 am..was very cost effective. BUT dirty rooms and double booking rooms is awful ! Next time we think about booking a room at a Days Inn, I will sure be doing much more research, not just trusting the name Days Inn. The Woodwinds, where our Wedding celebration toke place, has Days Inn Branford on their recommendation list. I have already alerted them, of our problems, and have asked them to remove Days Inn Branford. I have already alerted Wyndham rewards, to remove Days Inn Branford also. Totally not up to Wyndham rewards standards !!! Do not let "one bad egg"..hopefully there are not more...RUIN a good name--Days Inn. Please contact whoever and get Days Inn Branford a complete overhaul!! Feel free to post this review where ever needed!! I know I'll be posting our experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I fully agree with ksrp428's comment. Since this is a Days Inn, I expected it to be a no frills place. I only needed the room for a brief sleep following my visit with my daughter before having to get up at 2:30AM to drive to the airport. However, this place adds a new dimension to the term "no frills". First I was told that the room would not be available for four hours when, in fact, it was immediately available. I had reserved a non-smoking room and this was a smoking room. The room was filthy and apparently not maintained for quite some time, as evidenced by the loose plumbing. Then I went to the front desk to obtain my boarding pass - what a hassle that was. As ksrp aptly stated, "Avoid this place at all costs". Amen to that!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manorville
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room had a stuffy odor and was poorly lit. However the price was excellent compared to others in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I are here right now and I can't wait to leave. Our toilet wouldn't flush properly and would overflow constantly; to the point we were afraid to use it. We called the front desk, who sent someone to fix it; but, it only got worse. We called back and were told there was nothing that could be done until 7am, which is useless because we need to leave before then. We were also informed that we would still have to pay for a room that has a non-functional toilet. Furthermore, there is hardly any hot water and the shower head sprays with minimal pressure. I noticed many reviews on here said about problems in the back of the hotel. We are room 146 overlooking the pool. My family and I will never stay here for our annual CT trip, again.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
Days Inn New Haven
Days Inn New Haven
#8 of 12 in New Haven
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven

Been to Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven? Share your experiences!