“I Stayed at the Days in and Survived”

Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Branford
peabody
“I Stayed at the Days in and Survived”
Reviewed 14 July 2008

A local soccer team stayed at this hotel because they had a tournament in Branford. I would NEVER in my whole life recommend this hotel to anyone. The windows had no locks, about 10 or more people changed their rooms because it smelt like pee or because there was bugs in them. The Fire detectors in the hotel didn't work , there were holes in the curtains, there was NO security what so ever anyone could walk off the street and get into the buildings, the lobby and the rooms smelt bad, and the lights in the rooms didn't work. The only reason why we came to this hotel was because they had a pool which when we got there didn't even work (APPARENTLY) they said there was a leak but the water level didn't move an inch. I wouldn't even give this hotel a 1/10 its more like 0/10 so I don't recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing I hated it and was scared to death that someone was going to break into the hotel room.
  • Disliked — Everything you could think of.
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank PeabodySharon
daysinnbranford, Director of Sales Cathy Stofko at Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven, responded to this review, 5 August 2008
I am very sorry this group had so many problem,They had a attitude from the moment they arrived. Our pool drain developed a leak the day before and we were forced to close the pool,they arrived towels in hand and were very disappointed.From there it went down hill. We gave them our conference room for a group party for free and they still were not happy ,They called the fire dept in the evening and they found no problems with our system .This group should stay at 5 star resorts and pay there prices and not look at 2 star hotels and create problems that don,t exist.
And the bug they complained about was a fly.
They should at least be honest about things

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 18 January 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night while I was interviewing in CT for medical residency programs. I wanted someplace cheap and decent enough for one night. This place met those criteria. I got a very cheap rate by booking from the Days Inn website. My room was okay. It was a good size (standard 2 queen room). I had a problem with the toilet clogging immediately into my stay. the tv got many stations but did not get the free HBO as advertised, didn't get all the basic cable stations, and had a small red line through the middle. The beds were not comfortable and I had trouble getting the room temperature right because it was too cold without the heater on, but way too hot with the heater on. The shower was fine. the room seemed clean, (but again then I couldn't see all that well to tell because there weren't enough lights to light up the whole room). There was breakfast included, which basically consisted of coffee, cereal, and bagels. I would not recommend staying more than one day as it was very uncomfortable, but if all you need is a place to crash then this is okay.

• Stayed December 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mesa Arizona
Reviewed 13 July 2005

My husband and I booked a six night stay at this motel. We felt as though Days Inn was a reputable chain and felt comfortable with our choice. We managed to stay only one night and it was the longest night of my life!
We stayed the night only because it was very late and we had no place else to go. In hind sight I think we should have stayed in our rental car. The motel was filthy. The carpeting in our room was stained and damp. The air conditioner control box was so dirty I couldn't even read the controls. The sink in the sleeping area was cracked, the wallpaper was peeling and worst of all the box spring mattress looked as though it had a urine stain on it. The large yellow stain was on the side of the box springs and clearly visible when I removed the bedspread. Even the common areas were filthy and not well maintained. The building we stayed in did not require a key to enter from the outside even though it was set back from main building. I spent the night sitting up dressed in the clothes I wore all day while traveling. When we checked into a different motel the next day we were told by the desk clerk that it is a fairly routine occurance for them to have people checking out of the Days Inn and coming to them for the duration of their stay.
I have contacted Days Inn via their website. Don't know if I will get a response but I want to warn other unsuspecting travelers of what awaits them should they choose this motel.

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank Leonajeanne
Reviewed 21 January 2005

the room was very clean its an average days inn! Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Staff was upbeat, friendly and funny

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 November 2004

The 2 rooms we had were very clean! Location was great there were alot of restaurants and even a movie theater within walking distance. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was more than I expected from a Days Inn. Too bad their pool is outdoor the kids would have loved it!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2004

We spent the night of August 7th in this hotel. We booked online at expedia and had to take a smoking room because the non-smoking rooms were $40 more. Our booking info promised a fridge and coffeemaker. There were none. The bathtub had a 4 inch ring of grime in it the likes of which I have never seen. The bathroom floor was sticky! ugh! We took all the bathtowels and put them on the floor and in the tub, too. We used our beach towels from home as our shower towels. We had asked for more towels complaining about the tub. Of course, the maid was not available and the only thing the front desk guy could find was one washcloth! Thank God for those beach towels! The sheets were scratchy and there was hair in my bed. The lamp was broken and I had to use binder clips to close the drapes. We did not stay for the breakfast in the morning. No way would we eat food prepared anywhere near that place! Days Inn the parent company is hallucinating giving that place "three suns", what would someone have to do to earn one or two? I fear the answer is that three is their LOWEST rating!! This place is billed as a conference center. I would not want to run into whomever might be conferring in THAT seedy joint!! We have stayed a Days Inn before. The one in Baltimore at the Inner Harbor is gorgeous. This place in Branford made me want to cry just pulling in the parking lot. I agree with a previous poster that the Motel 6 looked better if you need something in that price range in the neighborhood.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2004

I have stayed at Days Inn hotels all of my life, and had never had a bad experience until I stayed at the Days Inn at Branford. The room was very dated, and most of the appliances did not work properly. I felt that the room was very unclean. I sent in the customer survey after my stay, but, was never contacted. I would sleep in my car before I would stay at this Days Inn again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
#1 of 3 in Guilford
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven? Share your experiences!