“4 inch wide black ring of bathtub grime and sticky floor!”

Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Branford
A TripAdvisor Member
“4 inch wide black ring of bathtub grime and sticky floor!”
Reviewed 23 August 2004

We spent the night of August 7th in this hotel. We booked online at expedia and had to take a smoking room because the non-smoking rooms were $40 more. Our booking info promised a fridge and coffeemaker. There were none. The bathtub had a 4 inch ring of grime in it the likes of which I have never seen. The bathroom floor was sticky! ugh! We took all the bathtowels and put them on the floor and in the tub, too. We used our beach towels from home as our shower towels. We had asked for more towels complaining about the tub. Of course, the maid was not available and the only thing the front desk guy could find was one washcloth! Thank God for those beach towels! The sheets were scratchy and there was hair in my bed. The lamp was broken and I had to use binder clips to close the drapes. We did not stay for the breakfast in the morning. No way would we eat food prepared anywhere near that place! Days Inn the parent company is hallucinating giving that place "three suns", what would someone have to do to earn one or two? I fear the answer is that three is their LOWEST rating!! This place is billed as a conference center. I would not want to run into whomever might be conferring in THAT seedy joint!! We have stayed a Days Inn before. The one in Baltimore at the Inner Harbor is gorgeous. This place in Branford made me want to cry just pulling in the parking lot. I agree with a previous poster that the Motel 6 looked better if you need something in that price range in the neighborhood.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2004

I have stayed at Days Inn hotels all of my life, and had never had a bad experience until I stayed at the Days Inn at Branford. The room was very dated, and most of the appliances did not work properly. I felt that the room was very unclean. I sent in the customer survey after my stay, but, was never contacted. I would sleep in my car before I would stay at this Days Inn again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2003

My date of stay: March 2003 I did pay a very good rate for a hotel that is conviently located near I-95-however you have to make do with quite a few shortcomings. Supposedly the Hotel was renovated in 2002-but I did not see that evident. Everything seemed quite worn and old. The room was basically clean and spacious, and had a fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. Several light fixtures did not work. Very good cable TV and a good King Size bed. Skimpy on the soap and shampoo. The free breakfast is vry basic and you have to be there early-otherwise they run out of their offerings. I do not know if I would stay there again. There is a Motel 6 just a 2 blocks down the street and when I checked that property,it looked much more inviting.

5 Thank andywa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Tower Inn & Suites
Tower Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Guilford

Been to Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven? Share your experiences!