“Looks are deceiving, this place is awesome!”

Bereket Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 377 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I came across this restaurant through one of my friends. Its located in the back of a gas station, but both the gas station and restaurant are family owned. I tried three different dishes and they were all excellent. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, though very small inside, and the food is very well made. During the summer there is an outdoor patio, but I am not sure if it is open during the colder months. Try this place once and you'll definitely come back again!

1  Thank Jeanna432

Reviewed 14 September 2013

my husband wanted to try this restaurant, and since we were going to be in Bridgeport, we had to stop. nothing to look at from the outside, (attached and behind the Citgo station!), but the food!! Delish!! I started with the Shepherd's Salad...so fresh, so tasty, perfect combination of all the ingredients! Hummus and the lamb "shish" was ordered by my husband, and I had the Falafel wrap! The falafel was the best I have ever had!! We did the BYOB, which was an extra "bonus" to the place. We sat outside...nothing to look at it, but we talked and drank the whole time for a nice time together!! I have had better baklava...oh, and the waitress was very friendly and efficient! $35 total cost....

It looks like people in the area call ahead for take-out....

Walk in....give it a try!!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Bereket in black rock section of bridgeport on Fairfield ave. Excellent meals a few times now. BYOB a huge plus. Friendly service. Chicken kabobs. Lamb both excellent. Not an elegant place but who cares. Food is that good

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Tried this on a whim and was not disappointed! Excellent food in a small, friendly neighborhood in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport. Good service. Love the fact that it is BYOB. Portions are perfect size, and it's fun to order a few dishes and let everyone share at the table. Highly recommend the Mixed Grill and the Appetizer Sampler. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We've been there several times over the past year. The food is authentic and very interesting. The Falafel and Kebabs are especially good, and the Lamb Adana and Chicken Adana Kebabs are worth trying for something new and cool. Portion sizes are ample, but we like to order alot and take home leftovers. The best part: The prices are so reasonable. They allow BYOB, so you can bring your own wine, which always keeps the bill down.

Definitely in a neighborhood thats on the upswing for restaurants.