“Excellent Value-Really Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hibachi Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibachi Buffet
Boston, MA
“Excellent Value-Really Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I visited the Hibachi Buffet when we spent a couple of days in the area recently. We went to this restaurant solely because of other TripAdvisor reviews, and I have to say-the reviewers were spot on- this place is really excellent.

You'd never guess it from standing outside and looking at the building, but go inside and what you find is a very wide selection of well prepared and fresh food. The restaurant is clean, and the table service (beverages/plate removal) is prompt and very pleasant. My wife (who is Asian) couldn't get enough of the seafood which included calamari, crab and mussels in addition to many other seafood choices, including a sushi bar (fresh and good according to her). My wife's slender and in really good shape... and I think it was the most I've ever seen her eat! I won't try to describe everything they had available obviously, but will say that I appreciated having a couple of familiar American dishes to fall back on (M&C and meatloaf). Deserts included ice cream and some banana thing that was creamy and delicious. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was really good. We were in the area two nights total, and went back the second night to do it all again. And by the way, the tab for the both of us, with soda included, was just under $23.

My only complaint is that this place should come with a free gym membership so you can work off all the calories later. Good eating here, folks. If you're in the area, definitely worth checking out. Plenty of parking in the lot next to the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

Riverside, California
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

It has great value to price ratio as a restaurant. Lots of variety of food. The fruit and bakery is very good. The fish is very good.

Good service from the waiters and waitress. It is definitely a plus to the neighborhood.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Richard h
Stratford, Connecticut
“Outstanding Chinese Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

My wife and I ate dinner at this restaurant for the first time on a Wednesday night in March, 2013. Hibachi Grill is a brand new restaurant that celebrated their one-year anniversary shorty before our visit.

The restaurant was spotlessly clean with very comfortable tables and chairs. The buffet selection was extensive and all appeared fresh and appetizing. We tried 10-12 different items and had no complaints.

In addition to traditional buffet foods, there is a hibachi station where you select the items you want and the chef cooks them while you wait. There were a number of sushi choices at the hibachi station as well.

For dessert, the number of selections were more than I expected. I was surprised to see fresh strawberries (out of season) as one of the choices. Unlike the soft-serve ice cream one would expect at a typical buffet, Hibachi Grill offered five flavors of real hard ice cream from a tub freezer.

The price was amazingly reasonable (under $25 for two adults) and the staff was friendly. I have been to a number of Chinese Buffet's over the years and this was simply the best. We will be back!

• Visited March 2013