“Love their marinara”

Cuisines: Italian
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Love their marinara”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We have eaten here twice. The first time the food was wonderful. We returned this weekend to sample some more.
Our selections...I had one of the nightly chicken specials the first time. Definitely a winner! Hubby had the veal parmesan and I couldn't believe he ate the whole thing. Plentiful and flavorful. Both entrees included warm bread (with cold packaged butter pats-not my favorite but they are sanitary), salad with house Italian plus crumbled gorgonzola and the veal included a side of pasta.
This week, the server was nice but new and not terribly attentive. She didn't know the menu really well so she didn't make any suggestions. I tried the chicken luigi which was pretty boring (served with salad, bread, broccoli and potatoes). The broccoli and potatoes were unseasoned for the most part. Salad was fantastic. Hubby had the lasagna, which he was excited about trying but the noodles were harder than al dente which detracted from the otherwise delicious piece of lasagna. We both could eat their red sauce every night. A little more attention to flavors and textures would have made our last visit more pleasant.

• Visited June 2013

Milford, Connecticut
“A Local's Favorite”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Small local restaurant with some of the best Italian food in the area. Mario's is always a favorite of mine. Good variety of meal options and their pies are great too. A place where you won't get rushed out.

Visited January 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Wonderful Family Eating Spot”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is one place the whole family agrees on to eat. Whether it's the delicious pizza or the yummy pasta dishes, there is something for everyone. Not fancy, just delicious.

Visited August 2012
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Always the stand-by place to go!”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The specials, the pizza and the spinach salad is great. I even buy the pizza dough to make stuffed breads with - fantastic. Their sauce is the only sauce that doesn't bother our stomachs- very mild but full of fresh flavor.

Visited March 2012
Connecticut
“Good but extremely heavy on the SALT !!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

After reading the positive reviews here, I decided to try this restaurant with some friends. We went on a Friday night about 7:30 pm without a reservation. There was no wait being seated. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. We had the fried calamari appetizer - very good but a bit overdone. The bread was freshly made and hot from the over - quite tasty. We tried the veal parmigiana, chicken parmigiana, eggplant parmigiana, and manicotti with meatballs. All were quite tasty but all the meals were extremely salty, which detracted from the flavor. In addition, some members of my group (myself included) have high blood pressure, so I'm sure the meal did a number on our arterial pressure the next day. My cardiologist would kill me if he knew how much salt I consumed in just one meal. Overall this is a good Italian restaurant with homemade meals that are quite good. If the chef could learn to be less heavy on the SALT, the meals would be quite excellent. With some house wine we spent about $25 per person.

• Visited June 2012