“First Timers”
Review of White's Diner

White's Diner
Ranked #94 of 377 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Reviewed 5 August 2013

In need of a late breakfast after dropping off a friend at the NY Cruise Terminal, we pulled off of I-95 in search of a diner. After quite a long drive, and getting closer to home than we wanted, we finally found what we were looking for. White's is an old fashioned diner, with small town atmosphere. We were a bit concerned when we spotted the sign which said "Beware Attack Waitress", but Paula assured us we would be OK, she would be nice to us. Nice she was, and we certainly enjoyed our food, me the hash and eggs, my wife a Turkey Club, and both plates were piled high with food, with great coffee. When it was time to leave, we had a great conversation with our lovely waitress, and didn't really look at the bill, just handed over some ample cast to who appeared to be the owner, who immediately said "something looks wrong here". There was a $10 error in White's favor, and he corrected it immediately. As I went back to leave Paula her well deserved tip, I joked about the error, and she replied to her boss, "I have family to feed!" which made our day, and the story should tell you this old time establishment is a friendly place, and very deserving of a visit if you are in the area.

2  Thank MeridenTW

Reviewed 22 July 2013

White's has been around for over 50 years. Good diner food at reasonable prices. Only opened for breakfast and lunch though. They have several breakfast specials.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Delicious food, tremendous portions, great service, friendly staff. What more could you ask of a diner?

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Delicious food, huge portions, friendly service, good prices. What more can you ask for in a traditional diner? White's always pleases.

1  Thank BusyMomNYC