“So loud, and what's with the smoking area?”

Testo's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #38 of 380 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2017

A small group of us met up at Testo's for a light meal and drinks. The 20 of us were in the bar at an extended set of tables. The appetizers, salad, and steak were perfectly done. The service was impeccable. The price was moderate. I just don't understand how they can have a legal smoking room within a public space. Then, again, they hosted Ganim's re-election bid as Mayor.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We have been here many times for parties and they always do a decent job. They also have a bar with live music on Friday's and Saturday's.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've enjoyed Testo's here on Madison Avenue for a few years now and consistency remains their top asset, in my view. I've dined here for lunch, dinner, and in larger groups after family events. The service is wonderful, the place is always clean and the food is as Italian as anywhere in NYC or Hoboken! A sad event brought our family together recently and there was no other choice but Testo's for us to sit and relax in a most comfortable setting. We had most of the back room to ourselves and it was a wonderful time. The fresh bread, the salad, Chicken Marsala hit the spot this time. Parking is very convenient, wheelchair accessible too. Bathrooms are spotless, so I can assume their kitchen is just as neat and clean. Try Testo's for either pizza, a great lasagna or other Italian specialty. You will be impressed.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Went back to Testo's (Brooklawn) tonight after taking a few months off, due to bad service (pick-up). They truly have the best broccoli pizza in town, & I was missing it. Unfortunately, the service at the front desk let me down again. I did not receive my complete order, after talking with the woman on the phone for about 4 full minutes. She was so rude, as usual. I told her I was very upset and had no intention of ever returning and she said, 'do what you want'. Never even apologized for messing up my order. Then I got home & realized they gave me olive oil for the salad, no vinegar. I had to stop another restaurant on my way home to pick up the chicken dish that Testo's forgot. Not happy tonight.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Great food. Great for groups. Service is excellent. Don't let the surrounding area deter you. It's well worth it.