“Loved Chimney Crest”

Chimney Crest Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Chimney Crest Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Bristol B&B and Inns
Florida
“Loved Chimney Crest”
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I loved my three night stay, the house is so warm and cozy! It is very historical and remined me so much of our house when I was a child. When you stay in a historic house, you expect the hot water to take a little longer and the pipes to sing. That is part of the charm. I slept better than ever in years on the old time feather bed. If you don't like that, go to the Marriott!
Now as for Cynthia, she made me feel so much at home and her cooking was just wonderful. The pancakes are devine. Both Dante and Cynthia are wonderful hosts and innkeepers. I will return and I have recommened the inn to many friends.

• Liked — Hospitality and beautiful house and grounds
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank tealisreal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 6 November 2006

I loved this B&B. The house is charming. Cynthia was warm and gracious and could not have been more helpful. The location was perfect for sight seeing--right in the middle of Connecticut. The suite I stayed in was roomy and comfortable. It had a wood-burning fireplace that was ready for me to light each night. I looked forward to Cynthia's homemade cookies that were placed next to my bed every night. The common rooms were beautiful. I especially liked the library, were I spend much time curled up reading. Cynthia's made-to-order breakfasts were the best I've ever had at a B&B. They include fresh fruit, orange juice, homemade bread, and an entree (bacon and eggs, waffles, etc.). Her pancakes and sausages were fantastic. I highly recommend this place and hope to return soon.

• Liked — The personal service by the owner and the comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — It was hard to find at first, but worth the effort.
  • Tips/Secrets — When you first arrive at the inn, try to do it during daylight, as it can be difficulty to find.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank plhbrandy
kent, england
Reviewed 16 June 2006

I wouldn't recommend Bristol and I certainly wouldn't recommend the Chimney Crest Manor. We arrived to an immediate demand for the full payment for our 2 night stay which we very much objected to - doubtless they thought we would run as soon as we saw the state of the place. The room we booked did not have the view we expected as per Fodor's guide (presumably based on information supplied by the Inn) and we were moved to another room, admittedly without us having to ask although the innkeeper did see my copy of Fodors which I had left in the room. As this first room was even worse than the Farmington we were moved to, we were grateful. However, although the Farmington Room was fairly newly decorated the bathroom was absolutely awful. It was seriously in need of refurbishment - the toilet took forever to fill and at one stage had to be helped on its way; the wash-basin was badly cracked in several places and was balanced precariously on the pedestal base; the pop-up waste did not work and we had to wash under running water; it took at least 5 minutes to run hot water; numerous tiles were broken and either patched up with odd ones or filled in with plastic filler; the mat which went in the bath was full of holes and should have been thrown away - it was all very unhygienic. The bedroom had missing and broken light bulbs; the mattress on the bed was badly sunken and uncomfortable.
Although they advertise that they turn the beds down and leave pillow chocolates this was not done; the fruit left in the room was bruised and specked and needless to say went uneaten.
The main Manor House although only built in the 1930s is also in need of redecoration - in the communal rooms we saw the window frames were rusting; paint was peeling off the walls; the furniture is worn and covered in throws - I could go on and on but needless to say this was a bad experience for us and the worst b and b we stayed in over 3 weeks spent travelling round New England.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank janice-g-7
ChimneyCrest, Owner at Chimney Crest Manor, responded to this review, 13 October 2006
I remember the woman well. Upon her arrival, she insisted her room was prepaid and it was not. We spent time retrieving paperwork to prove otherwise. When we did prove the bill was not paid, she became very angry and then refused to show us a credit card or any type of payment.
In response to her remarks:
Having 22 years of experience, we knew at that point, whatever we tried to do would not satisfy this woman. To accommodate her we immediately upgraded her to a room with a view of the valley. (Yes, Fodor's did make a mistake of saying all our rooms face the valley.) The manor is in the National Register of Historical Places and we take pride in maintaining as many original elements of the estate as we possibly can. Our guests appreciate the historic value of the house and it is a reason that most come back. After 22 years of positive remarks and revisiting guests, we could never have "broken lights and tiles, sunken uncomfortable beds, bruised fruit and no hot water."

Dante and Cynthia Cimadamore, Innkeepers
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 September 2003

Chimney Crest Manor is a beautiful building with fine grounds. Our suite was excellent. Dan and Cynthia were gracious hosts. This has been our best B&B stay ever.

Al & Jean Steiner

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#4 of 7 in Farmington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington

Been to Chimney Crest Manor? Share your experiences!