“A fun day for the family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Compounce

Lake Compounce
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 402 acres of fun, Lake Compounce is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America, welcoming families since 1846. Lake Compounce has ten cozy catering pavilions and plenty of room to host your next birthday, party, family reunion, and corporate event! Lake Compounce combines unique and exciting thrill rides and coasters for all ages with a full-sized water park—all for one low price. As the park continues to delight families from all around the New England area and beyond, the balance of evolution and tradition continues to play an important role at the nation’s first amusement park.
Cheshire, Connecticut
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A fun day for the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a lot of fun with the whole group when we went to Lake Compounce. It was a bit pricey but if it's a once in a while thing then it's not so bad. Be prepared to get wet and bring a change of clothes if you are staying into the evening.

Visited July 2013

Rutland, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome park and clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This park has been on my bucket list for years. We went here the Sunday before Labor Day and we were so happy with the experience that we are going to buy season passes next year. They had rides for all levels of adventure. They ranged from a loop coaster to the fastest wooden roller coaster I've ever ridden , to kiddie boat rides and family rafting/log rides. The food was decent and we paid $34 for a family of four. They give free Pepsi drinks and water all the time. There is a small water park with some slides and the crowd was small. If I was forced to give a downside, it would be paying $39 for an adult on top of $8 for parking.

Visited September 2013
waccabuc, new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“still good but what did they do to the water park?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have been taking our kids to Lake Compounce for 13 years now, and its always a great day. We used to spend half the day in the kiddie area when the kids were small, but now we split the time between the big rides and the water park. The rides are great: the Wildcat and Boulder Dash roller coasters, the Down time, Zoomerang, Ghost Hunt and Ferris Wheels kept us busy most of the morning. After lunch (I don't recommend the pizza, think Chuck E. Cheese), we went to the water park to ride on my favorite tube ride ever, the Lake Plunge...a 40 second ride down a twisting tube (single or even better double tube), that empties right into Lake Compounce itself! There is also a triple threat tube ride that empties into a pool, and a giant family tube ride called Mammoth Falls. My son and I ran to towards the Lake plunge, and to our horror---It was gone!!!!the triple tube ride gone!! The Lake Plunge --GONE!!! It was replaced by a racing tube that my son said was lame, and way further down , a second wave pool that was supposed to have huge waves, but didn.t. They completely redid the lakefront beach and cut the size in half, and instead of a rope at the outer edge, it was surrounded by a wooden dock--not very inviting at all. I'm not sure how the water park will turn out, but what they have done so far is very disappointing.

Long Island
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“We Had a Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My Wife, daughter and I went to Lake Compounce Last week (August 19th) and we had a blast. The park was clean, not too crowded and had something for everyone. My daughter is 7 years old and at first was a little tentative with some of the water rides, but after a while she was right in there enjoying herself. The park has a perfect mix of Water and Amusement Park. There are games of chance and age appropriate sections of the park. The park is the right size, where it is not overwhelming to get to anything. You can cover the whole park very easily in one day.
I would recommend the wooden roller coaster "Boulder Dash". It is an old school wooden roller coaster that really flies. It travels at speed of up to 70 miles per hour or so they say, but it feels faster. remember, it's all wooden and the ride is wild! I loved it.
My wife daughter and I had a great time and are looking forward to going back. We purchased tickets online and save some money by doing so. You can also purchase food coupons online and I would suggest you do. You will save a lot more money if you do rather than paying at the park. By the way..Soda is free at the park. Yes, Free Soda. At first I didn't believe it but it is true. Free Soda. (the food is a little more expensive but the soda is free) This is why I suggest purchasing the food vouchers on line. All in all it was a great day. All the ride lines moved at a good Pace, the park was clean and the food was good. I would definitely return. We are making plans for next year..

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NASTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I would not go here again water smelled of piss most rides was nasty dirty . Only ten rides for bigger kids . Staff are very rude parking was A joke Six flags is so much better Don't go here you will be very unhappy my son 11 wanted to leave early .

5 Thank Jonny B

Been to Lake Compounce? Share your experiences!