“Great Local Park”
Review of Lake Compounce

Lake Compounce
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 402 acres of fun, Lake Compounce is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America, welcoming families since 1846. Lake Compounce has ten cozy catering pavilions and plenty of room to host your next birthday, party, family reunion, and corporate event! Lake Compounce combines unique and exciting thrill rides and coasters for all ages with a full-sized water park—all for one low price. As the park continues to delight families from all around the New England area and beyond, the balance of evolution and tradition continues to play an important role at the nation’s first amusement park.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I took my daughter and her friends to Lake Compounce to celebrate her 13th birthday. I was able to get a discount by ordering tickets and parking earlier online. The park itself offers a great range of rides for all ages. The water park has grown since the last time we visited. Nice additions! The lines were minimal and the prices were average for an amusement park. The only negative for the park was that the marquee ride - Boulder Dash was closed. The one ride my daughter was really looking forward to riding. It would have been her first time. It worked out that she and her friends went on pretty much every other ride in the park and had a great time!! Great place, not overly expensive.

SaraFLC, Manager at Lake Compounce, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We definitely are not happy when Boulder Dash is closed either. We are sorry for that unfortunate occurrence. I know that you were celebrating your daughters birthday on this day but in the future if your schedule is flexible we try to post an major ride closures on our social media pages and website so if you want to be sure to get on a certain ride you can check that first. Thanks again!.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My brother and I each took three kids for the day. We rented two of the $29 cabanas and they were great places to leave our stuff. Next time I would probably just rent a locker if I didn't want to stay in the waterpark area. It was a 90 degree day but it didn't seem like it at all in the waterpark! We purchased tickets at Costco and parking in advance online. There are soda fountains that have free soda and water all day long. It was great to keep the kids hydrated! Unfortunately, it started getting very dark in the sky and we decided to leave. Good thing because as we drove down the road to leave, a huge thunderstorm started.

Thanks for the great review! We added those Island Loungers to the water park this year as a lower price reserved area option for the water park but you are right, a locker will do just fine if you are planning to spend most of your time in the dry park. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family visited Lake Compounce this past Friday. What a fun park with all the roller coasters, sky ride and water park. It is a perfect park for families with things the very young can do in the kiddie section to the thrill of roller coaster to the scenic skyride that was great for all ages. We loved the park and the history of the park with it being the longest continuously running amusement park in America. Our favorite ride...The Wild Cat. Food was good and reasonably priced and the free pepsi all day was GREAT!

Hi Susan!

The sky ride is actually one of our favorites, what an amazing view! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

When it come to family fun Lake Compounce is one of the best places to spend a day. The park has a great variety of attractions for all ages. This is one the few parks that include free drinks as part of admission. The water park is small but still has a lot of slides, lazy river, 2 wave pools, and lake front beach. The food is good and not too pricy compared to other parks. And for coaster enthusiasts Boulder Dash is the best wooden roller coaster I have ever ridden, it's built on the side of a mountain and most the track is hidden behind trees.The lines are not too overcrowded. I use to visit with my friends yearly and now that I am 31 and married with a little one on the way we plan on making this our day cation for many years to come. I strongly recommend it for parent with young kids and even teenagers.3

1  Thank Josue C

Hi Josue!

Thanks for the great review! Did you know that Boulder Dash was voted #1 wooden coaster in the world for 2013? Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I went to The Lake on Saturday night with our older grandchildren as we often do and we decided to stayed in the park to watch the new laser show. We all agreed what a wonderful addition to the park not only for the young people but for older adults too. Great job Lake Compounce, We have already made plans to attend another Friday or Saturday night laser show or two before the season ends. Again great job Lake Compounce.

The Mitchells

1  Thank Cathy M

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for the great feedback on Illuminate The Night! See you and your family later this summer!

Been to Lake Compounce? Share your experiences!