“Massive upgrade!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Formerly a very crusty Clarion, this hotel has undergone a complete renovation and is now easily the nicest Doubletree at which I've stayed. Spent three nights in a fifth-floor suite with a lovely den/kitchenette type area and enormous bedroom and bathroom. The decor is very modern (reminds me a little of a W or Aloft property) and the beds are super comfy. Hotel has a solid bar and restaurant and the staff is very friendly. Didn't use it - but the indoor pool also looked nice. I'd vowed several years ago never to return here because the Clarion was in such dire need of help - now, I don't know why anyone would choose another property than this. It really is great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is very clean and location is pretty good.
Walking distance to Temple Meads train station and to the harbour side where many dinning options are available.
Staff was very helpful, specially a couple of Spanish girls in the front desk.
I will certainly come back again in my next visit to Bristol

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The staff was amazing, especially Evelsey from the Willow, Ivette was also a pleasure. If you stay here I recommend the Bed and Breakfast package. The food is good and the service is even better. The kids loved the pool, and my husband didn't want to get out of the hot tub. Great Hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Everyone was very polite and friendly. We enjoyed are stay very much. We liked having the restaurant in the Hotel because didn't know the area we were from Ca. I was glad my son's fiance's family for telling us about the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel was one of the best stays I had in the East Coast so far. The hotel staff was the most courteous, attentive , and generous I have seen in a very long time. I would come back here for my stay in CT even if its not the closest hotel to where I am visiting.

1  Thank brenda r
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the DoubleTree Bristol on a "getting away from it all" weekend. The hotel was clean and had comfortable modern decor. The bed was very comfortable, the room easy to keep at a comfy temperature, and we even had a tasty dinner at the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed for a family wedding and were very pleased with every aspect of the hotel. All accommodations were clean and the staff were friendly and always seem to be smiling. Close to Lake Compounce too which is a plus. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Avon Old Farms Hotel
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut? Share your experiences!